Hello from the Isle of Man

MikeCaine

Greetings,

We've had various cheap BBQs in the past and I've always fancied a decent Weber charcoal grill.

Not to do things by halves, my wife recently bough us a Weber Sumit Charcoal Grilling Center. Not really sure why she went that far as she's a vegetarian.

I think I'm getting the hang of it and understanding how to set it up for various temperatures and I'm trying to progress from the basic burgers and sausages.

So far we've done a stir fry (good), a low and slow smoked pork shoulder (excellent thanks to the iGrill 2) and a flatbread (best not mentioned again)

Looking forward to learning more about BBQs on this forum

Cheers

Mike

Welcome To The Forum Mike!

To me, you live in a very interesting land, I would very much like to trade places with you for the next 4 years or so...

However, your wife bought you a very unique grill / smoker, with her being a vegetarian, yet i'll bet you'll master it in very little time.

Enjoy your stay!

Hello and welcome, Mike!

I'd love to go to the Isle Of Man one day to catch the motorcycle races. Michael Dunlop is one of my favorite riders for that series.

I too find it interesting you get to enjoy BBQ with your wife being a Vegetarian. I always think of that line from Pulp Fiction; " Well, if you like burgers, give them a try sometime. Me, I can't usually get them 'cause my girlfriend's a vegetarian, which pretty much makes me a vegetarian. I do love the taste of a good burger. Mmm."

Hi

My wife has been a vegetarian since she was about 9, so that's nearly 50 years. She still cooks meat and fish for me though. Not chickens though as we have four in our back garden (yard?) that are more like family pets.

I've not used the grill for a few days now as the weather has been really wet recently. Saturdays BBQ was cancelled as our friends dog died unexpectedly so I'll probably have to wait until next weekend to try again.

Back