Picked up a 2005 Genesis Platinum C

SeanWinter

TVWBB Member
Hi there, I'm new to this forum and Weber's in general, and I cant say enough how much going through some old threads has taught me! I love seeing when people pick up nice scores from craigslist and make them really nice. Here's a pic of mine when I got it
IMG_0782_zpsewqfp8yr.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Overall its in decent shape, burners were toast and I've got those arriving from weber today so I'll pop those in tonight. The grill grates/flavorizers were good, the only bad part was the bottom accessory panel which was totally rusted out:
IMG_0331_zpsrkfzracw.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The back panel had a little rust on it so I'll use some rust reformer on that, and I think instead of replacing the accessory panel (which is like 150 bucks!), I'll make up a little wooden rack down there, although not sure how it'll look with the color scheme. I'll post more pics as I go, cant wait to start grilling on this thing!
IMG_0332_zpsa7bnk6bk.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_0328_zpsemlwcsv2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0333_zpsr3gqkqn2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Looks good! I wonder if you could cut that tray out of some sheet metal maybe with an angle grinder. It seems like it wouldn't be hard to fashion something. You'd lose the depth of the tray.

Last edited:
Yeah you definitely want that lower shelf in there as it is integral to the structural integrity of the grill frame

Thanks for the replies, I'll have to see if I can fab something up for the time being. So do the grills that have the rack on the bottom have any special brace? Or is it the rack itself that helps hold the frame together? Pic for example:
image_zpsiwj0uphj.png
[/URL][/IMG]

If you look at houw the grate fits in the frame the answer is yes it does offer structural support by the way it "hooks" over the lower frame cross bars

Tom, that looks really good! How did you attach the aluminum to the frame? or is it just sitting in there? I think I'm gonna do something similar but just leave the doors off of it.

The slats and aluminum is not fastened to the frame. The corners were notched to fit around the 4 corner supports.

weber_zpsdqxudihz.jpg

I got the new burners in, but for some reason I'm not getting and gas to the side burner (tried with a match too)... any ideas? I got the aluminum angles and they fit perfectly.
IMG_0877_zpsln1qpvil.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I got the new burners in, but for some reason I'm not getting and gas to the side burner (tried with a match too)... any ideas? I got the aluminum angles and they fit perfectly.
IMG_0877_zpsln1qpvil.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

That looks awesome! Nice job on the restore!

Back