What's your favorite Jamie Purviance / Weber cookbook? & why?

Robert-R

TVWBB Diamond Member
I have three of them. Might buy another one or two.

I'm partial to "Way To Grill". I learned a lot about using a kettle grill & the recipes (the ones I've tried) have been super good.

What say you?

Purchased Four(4) of his Hardcover Books;(1) "Weber's Art of the Grill", (2) "Weber Charcoal Grilling, The Art of Cooking with Live Fire",(3)"Weber's Way to Grill" and (4) "Weber's Smoke".

I also recently purchased two(2) of his Kindle Books; "Big Book of Burgers" and "New American Barbecue".

My favorite: "Weber Charcoal Grilling, The Art of Cooking with Live Fire" and all these books ARE a real help in my on-going education in knowing the difference between BBQ and Grilling. I am more of a Griller than Smoker but enjoy using my "WSM 18" "Classic", "Weber 22" Mastertouch" and "Weber Smoky Joe" "JP"'s" Books are very-well written in plain english and includes plenty of photos which compliment the excellent step-by-step instructions.

I generally Smoke Using the WSM Classic around Six(6) times a year and Grill once or twice weekly. I bought my first Weber Grill around 1983 and bought my first WSM Classic in the Year 2008.

I am thinking seriously of buying a WeberQ due to my advancing age with a few aches and pains when firing-up a Charcoal Grill and WSM.

Last edited:
I have all of his books and have used them a lot. The New American Barbecue is my favorite, he takes traditional BBQ to the next level. Everything I have tried in the book has been excellent.

Thanks guys!

I have "New American Barbeque" & "Smoke". "Weber's Greatest Hits" is on the way so I'm considering "Weber Charcoal Grilling, The Art of Cooking with Live Fire".

That's hilarious. My Charcoal Grilling fell apart too, shortly after I bought it I might add. Bad batch of glue I guess. It's the only one out of all of the books. Big Book was my go to book for years and then Way to Grill 2 came along. They are my favorites. Nice selection of recipes that appeal to my tastes. I haven't uses the latest two books enough to fairly judge them.

Hmm reading into this thread made me pick up "Weber Charcoal Grilling, The Art of Cooking with Live Fire" on eBay (it was only $10 with shipping though) - looking forward to it!

Both the Charcoal and Big Book have come apart... used up maybe. The New American BBQ is perhaps my favorite of his books. I don't think I will buy the greatest hits book as I think there is a lot of redundancy.

Not to go off thread, but Aaron Franklins book was a great read. I recommend highly.

I ordered two Robert. One wasn't a Jamie Purviance book though (Aaron Franklin's Meat Manifesto), but the other was Jamie Purviance's Weber: Way To Grill. I'm sure there will be more purchased shortly.

Back