New Summit Charcoal Grill

Pat McCreight

TVWBB Pro
Hi All,

I just picked up a brand new WSC off Craigslist for $900. So far, I have smoked pork belly, roasted some chickens, and cooked a few pizzas. Everything has turned out great and I love the cooker, with two exceptions.

- Removable center of cooking rack. This is a pain and I don't see value in the accessories that fit in the opening. Anyone tie it to the main rack or find a one piece replacement?

- Caster swivels too easily. Minor complaint, but when the caster is locked, the grill still can move back and forth a couple of inches as the wheel turns 180 degrees while fixed in place on the ground. I appreciate the swivel for when I move it around my deck, just wish it could lock in place.

Anyways, if anyone has ideas on either topic I'd love to hear it. I realize most owners have the one with the cart and #2 wouldn't be an issue.

Overall, highly impressed with this cooker. Extremely versatile, easy to use, easy to clean. Would not have bought it for retail price, but couldn't pass at $900.

Hey Pat! Great score.
You could try turning the caster sideways and putting a small block of wood or shim on both sides of the wheel.

Tim

- Removable center of cooking rack. This is a pain and I don't see value in the accessories that fit in the opening. Anyone tie it to the main rack or find a one piece replacement?
Late to the party on this one. I don't have a problem with GBS grate, in fact I like being able to pull it out and reach down with tongs to move around charbaskets from indirect config to direct config for reverse searing. I guess we're not using the grills in the same way, but I can imagine wanting a solid grate.

Initial thought: Take the grate to a welding shop and have someone tack weld the GBS grate into the overall grate.

Second thought: Would a 24" s/s grate from a Big Green Egg XL work? Part #24SSR on this page: http://www.grill-repair.com/biggreenegg.html

Back