Grilled Peaches

j biesinger

TVWBB Platinum Member
Not sure where this recipe originated from but I kind of modified it some.

Mix mascarpone, sugar, vanilla to taste.

peel and quarter peaches

Heat a couple of tbs of cognac or brandy (courvoisier) in a sauce pan to cook off the alcohol. Pour in a couple of tbs of wildflower honey and heat until dissolved. Take off the heat and add the quarter peaches and mix until they are well coated.

grill peaches and hold in sauce pan.

plate peaches with mascarpone and sauce.

IMG_2784.jpg

Looking good,J! We had grilled peaches and bananas for desert last night. We like to marinate in dark rum and brown sugar. Baste and drizzle any leftover marinade on top. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream. It's also good with pineapple.

We like to marinate in dark rum and brown sugar. Baste and drizzle any leftover marinade on top.

I like it! I think the cognac and wildflower honey go great with peaches, but I'll keep your recipe in mind when I do other fruit.

Tomorrow I plan on doing peaches on the grill.Then top them off with 1 slab of butter,brown sugar,honey and a cherry.
How long would I do the peaches on the grill? cut in half and inside down first?
Never done this.
Thanks for any help.I'll take pictures and post.

cut in half and brush a little olive oil on them so they wont stick and cook until you get some grill marks. how long depends on how hot your fire is. never tried them with booze, but they are really fantastic grilled. right up there with pineapple

How long would I do the peaches on the grill? cut in half and inside down first?

depends how ripe they are. ultra ripe need only seconds to sear/brown up a bit.

If the aren't too ripe you might want to poach them a bit in your syrup.

never tried them with booze, but they are really fantastic grilled.

I cooked the cognac first so it wouldn't flame up on the grill.

Beautiful plate. Have you entered these in an "Anything but" contest?

I don't typically hang around for grilling. fri-sat is usually enough for me. besides we're still trying to learn the kcbs meats.

they key to the dish is perfectly ripe peaches. It might be hard to hit it right for a comp. It is a good idea though. our next comp has a dessert added to the kcbs turn-in (a shameless ploy to get the competitors to give the judges and organizers something sweet after feeding them bbq). We don't usually submit anything, maybe we could do something like this with cheesecake (since, last year, 50% of the top 10 were some kind of cheesecake derivative.

Originally posted by j biesinger:
they key to the dish is perfectly ripe peaches. It might be hard to hit it right for a comp. It is a good idea though. our next comp has a dessert added to the kcbs turn-in (a shameless ploy to get the competitors to give the judges and organizers something sweet after feeding them bbq). We don't usually submit anything, maybe we could do something like this with cheesecake (since, last year, 50% of the top 10 were some kind of cheesecake derivative.

Actually, not hard at all. I took the top "Anything but..." prize this weekend with these. I also used Phil Perrin's brown sugar and rum idea and added butter. I turned in Hot Buttered Rum Grilled Peaches Over Mini Angel Food Waffles. They were absolutely awesome.

My 20 year old son whipped up the waffles from scratch onsite at the BBQ cook-off. He is an egg separating, stiff peak whipping fool. The best part was when the two professional chefs in the spot next to us asked what we made after the awards. The chefs turned in cheesecakes.

Thanks to j biesinger and Phil Perrin for this award winning inspiration. Sorry, I'm not sharing the prize money with you.

Actually, not hard at all. I took the top "Anything but..." prize this weekend with these. I also used Phil Perrin's brown sugar and rum idea and added butter. I turned in Hot Buttered Rum Grilled Peaches Over Mini Angel Food Waffles. They were absolutely awesome.

My 20 year old son whipped up the waffles from scratch onsite at the BBQ cook-off. He is an egg separating, stiff peak whipping fool. The best part was when the two professional chefs in the spot next to us asked what we made after the awards. The chefs turned in cheesecakes.

Thanks to j biesinger and Phil Perrin for this award winning inspiration. Sorry, I'm not sharing the prize money with you.

woo hoo!
icon_biggrin.gif

Like Hannibal of the A Team says: "I love it when a plan comes together!"

mind sending me the waffle recipe? We're hoping a ringer will come in and help us with our dessert entry, but I'd like to have a back up plan if she can't make the date.

jb - I would, but I loaned out the cookbook to my teammate. He's competing without me next week.

no worries. I'm sure we can figure something out.

besides the comp isn't for a month.

Back