Bob Correll, are you OK?

Thanks for checking on me Chris, we're all good here, we sit high and dry.
The flooding has been mainly along the Meramec River, and at one time it closed two interstates, I-44 and I-55, as well as several other roads.
I've dumped 8" of rain from my gauge since Friday.
Grilling burgers tomorrow, rain free, I hope!

Man mother nature has her way! Glad to hear everything good with you. I pray for those closer to the water.

I'll never forget the flood of 93(?), and the 2011 flood that hit the upper and lower Mississippi hard. In 2011 the core of engineers blasted open the Birds Point floodway, and further down south, the Morganza spillway was opened for the first time in years. The Bonnet Carré spillway was a sight to behold too. We have relatives in Northern Mississippi and West Memphis, AR that dodged a bullet.

Been out there a few times, but not sure if I could adapt to such unpredictability living near the river. And forget about living near Cairo, IL. :eek:

Glad you're OK, Bob.

Last edited:
I'll never forget the flood of 93(?), and the 2011 flood that hit the upper and lower Mississippi hard. In 2011 the core of engineers blasted open the Birds Point floodway, and further down south, the Morganza spillway was opened for the first time in years. The Bonnet Carré spillway was a sight to behold too. We have relatives in Northern Mississippi and West Memphis, AR that dodged a bullet.

Been out there a few times, but not sure if I could adapt to such unpredictability living near the river. And forget about living near Cairo, IL. :eek:

Glad you're OK, Bob.

I remember the '93 flood. I worked in Moline at the time.

Back