Press Release: Weber Launches New Charcoal Briquettes For 2017 Grilling Season

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
Weber Launches New Charcoal Briquettes For 2017 Grilling Season
All Natural Briquettes Bring the Heat to Charcoal Grilling

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...ettes-for-2017-grilling-season-300449445.html

NEWS PROVIDED BY
Weber-Stephen Products LLC
02 May, 2017, 10:30 ET

PALATINE, Ill., May 2, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Like peanut butter and jelly, or coffee and donuts, some things just go together so well you wonder why they were ever apart.

Now, Weber-Stephen Products LLC, the world's largest manufacturer of charcoal, gas and electric grills and grilling accessories, announced they are launching new Weber Briquettes—the perfect partner for Weber's iconic charcoal grills and smokers.

The new 20-lb. bags of Weber Briquettes, made from 100 percent all natural hardwood, provide a long, consistent heat—requiring less need to refuel during grilling.

"Over 90 percent of charcoal grillers want charcoal that provides consistent heat. It is important for grillers to feel confident they are using briquettes that will provide the ultimate performance on their grill," says Melissa Enos, Vice President Americas Marketing, Weber-Stephen Products LLC. "Weber Briquettes provide the consistent heat consumers want."

More importantly, Weber Briquettes are made from 100 percent all natural hardwood and do not include any unwanted chemical binders or fillers. The Weber Briquettes come in a weather-protected re-sealable bag that features a handy zip top to help protect charcoal from the elements.

The new Weber Briquettes retail for $24.99 MSRP and are available where Weber grills are sold.

For more information, visit www.weber.com.

I just hope that KBB doesn't decided if Weber can get $24.99 for 20 lbs. of charcoal maybe we should raise the price of KBB.

I have already seen commercials for Kingsford long burn. Advertising 25% longer burning. Maybe it's the same stuff that Weber is selling?

I just need anything that burns like binchotan at a more affordable price.... :LOL:

I will give them a try. I saw them at Home Depot the other day for $19.99.

That product is available in the UK. I've used it and it seems fine, but I'm new to this smoking malarkey! Used some other stuff, Heat Beads, which seemed pretty similar. The Weber briquettes seem to last longer in a WSM than the suggested 3hrs, but I guess that's down to the nature of long & slow. Think last year I could buy another Weber briquette with a suggested 4 hr burn time.

One thing I have found out using some 'essential/default' briquettes I bought from a big chain UK DIY store, is the awful chemical stench coming from their coals. They've gone in the bin unused.

I just hope that KBB doesn't decided if Weber can get $24.99 for 20 lbs. of charcoal maybe we should raise the price of KBB.

I saw it for $19.99. Still too pricey. If they don't sell well KBB won't raise their prices. They're already in competition with RO and low cost off brand coals.

Back