Need Advice - 22, 18 or smaller?

Michael Roberts

TVWBB Fan
I need advice on which grill I should take on a road trip to Hot Springs. Of course a trip to Hot Springs does include our semi-annual pilgrimage to McClards BBQ. There will be 4 of us, I'll be grilling a few times while on the trip. My plan was to take one of my 22.5 OTG's though the more I think about it seems to be overkill just to grill steaks one night and hamburgers another. I don't have anything smaller - should I pick up a smaller grill to take?

After picking up a 7th grill,"Just because I thought it might be the "right" one for the job" I Sy not be the least biased guy to offer an opinion. But, I'd not bother with anything smaller than an 18 for four people. There simply isn't enough real estate to get the steaks and anything else on something smaller.
If they're big steaks, take the 22!

I had a Smokey Joe and it was a little small, then I got the Jumbo Joe and what an improvement. Perfect for burgers and steaks and still have the ability to do a two zone fire which is all but impossible on a SJ.

Get a JJ. I picked one up last summer on our way to go camping perfect size for oysters burgers steaks whatever

The Jumbo is the best deal it will do anything big or small cooks i used mine for years when i was with my camping trailer .it was great to cook on and also had small cast iron griddle lots od options to cook with
jerr7

I concur with the Jumbo Joe too. Perfect for a road trip and the lid clamp can be used for a lid holder too.

I need advice on which grill I should take on a road trip to Hot Springs. Of course a trip to Hot Springs does include our semi-annual pilgrimage to McClards BBQ. There will be 4 of us, I'll be grilling a few times while on the trip. My plan was to take one of my 22.5 OTG's though the more I think about it seems to be overkill just to grill steaks one night and hamburgers another. I don't have anything smaller - should I pick up a smaller grill to take?

"I wish I bought the smaller one"...NO man ever said! ;)

After going back and forth with the JJ I ended up getting a 18.5 OTS and this is why. I don't know the facilities where we're staying and if they have outside tables therefore I would need to get a table for it so adding up $50 for the Weber table then another $60 for the grill I got a 18.5 OTS off Craigslist for $20. Yeah its gonna take a bit more space in the SUV though the legs come off so it should be fine.

Back