Angus steak

Floris Vande Walle

TVWBB Member
My girlfriend bought me a brand new Master Touch, see link below, and the first dish she wanted me to prepare was a Black Angus steak. Now I'm wondering how you guys would prepare it.

At first, could you hook me up with a rub for it?

Second, I have woodchips with following flavours: Oak, Cherry, Apple. Would you use some for this cook? And what type? I heard Whisky would be nice combo. Might buy it if you'd advice it.

Third, how about searing? Before or after smoke?

If possible, explain me the whole cook, because i'm pretty new to this guys.
Thanks in advance guys!
https://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?69971-Gift-from-my-girl!

For me, only S&P. Why not (first time anyways) just enjoy the full unadulterated flavour of a great steak grilled over hot charcoal to medium rare perfection? :)

For me, only S&P. Why not (first time anyways) just enjoy the full unadulterated flavour of a great steak grilled over hot charcoal to medium rare perfection? :)

So how would you do it exactly? I know you'll be laughing 'cause it are the basics, but i'm not used to this. My GF and I see this as a practice, but I'd like to score a homerun with this one...

I like the "KISS" method for a good steak,
Keep
It
Simple
Silly (or Stupid, in my case)

That explained, skip smoke, go basic, hot, direct, salt and pepper.
I didn't optics of your new toy came with baskets but, I think that's become standard center them up and fill to capacity with a full chimney of charcoal, place the cooking grate, let it heat for five minutes before placing the steak on you can give it a half turn for cross hatch marks if you desire or keep it simple and, not do that. Turn and repeat on the flip side. I go slightly less time on the flip side depending on the "doneness" you prefer. My wife is a "well done" person, I used to be a "return to living temp" guy but I find I like rare to med rare better as I get older, I don't know why.
Enjoy the new beauty! And the GF cook her many wonderful feasts!

I like the "KISS" method for a good steak,
Keep
It
Simple
Silly (or Stupid, in my case)

That explained, skip smoke, go basic, hot, direct, salt and pepper.

What he said :D

And don't try to turn it before time is up. Sometimes people try to flip it too soon and leave meat on the grill. When the meat is ready to flip, it will NOT stick (I think the term is release ). Flip/lift too soon and it sticks/tears.

Last edited:

Back