Ribs On The Kettle

Phil Perrin

TVWBB Hall of Fame
Work has been messing up my grilling way bad! These 55+ hour weeks are KILLING me. But I decided to make up for it today.
Baby backs were on sale at a local grocery store, so I snagged a slab. Seasoned with some rub from a semi local BBQ joint and onto the kettle with a snake of KBB and a few very small chunks of hickory.
34210123882_0848519336_k.jpg
[/url]Untitled by Phil Perrin, on Flickr[/IMG]
I let it go for about 5 hours at 225*. After 3 3/4 hours, I added a small CI skillet of Bush's baked beans with a little bacon and SBR added to make it just a little better! Then I added a cob of corn to get it smoky before tossing it on the gasser to actually cook it.
33526389864_e3919907b7_k.jpg
And the rare plated pic!
34326921476_0f12e7e555_k.jpg
So nice! Very tender, but with just the right amount of tug! And, we have a few bones left that Pammi is taking for lunch tomorrow! Believe me when I say that school lunches haven't imnproved in the 30+ years since I graduated good old Gorham High! ;)
Thanks for looking everyone!!

Ribs, beans and grilled corn on the cob. Doesn't get any better than that Phil. Yours look terrific. Sounds like you're hit the ground running after your return to work.

Great looking rib cook Phil!
This pic says volumes about how I think BBs have more meat on them than spares, no matter what others claim. :)

34326921476_0f12e7e555_k.jpg

Back