All Day Brisket

Robert T

TVWBB Guru
First I have to say the inspiration for this post came from Rich G's excellent brisket post a couple of days ago. Kim and I were looking at the pics and she asked if I would make a brisket since we haven't had one since last summer. So I bought a brisket at Costco and last night trimmed it up and put rub on it and then covered in the fridge overnight.

image_zps54nlshfo.jpeg

Full bag of charcoal with a mix of apple and hickory wood. Brisket on as soon as smoker up to temp.

image_zpsd2vlof7x.jpeg

image_zpseczxz5ri.jpeg

I never mop but wanted to try something different so I googled "best brisket mop" and made this. Pretty simple, Cider, beer, paprika, olive oil, salt, pepper. I added a little tobasco. Put the mop on at two hours but it messed with my heat so much that I didn't mop again.

image_zpsydvebray.jpeg

Foiled at eight hours, put in a cooler at ten and a half hours. Meat temp 198. Rested in the cooler for an hour and a half and then out to the cutting board.

image_zpsjqiebskz.jpeg

image_zps1lqnsvib.jpeg

I like a sandwich with brisket and Kim likes it with BBQ sauce so here are both of our plates and a closeup of hers.

image_zpsekm0mpmd.jpeg

image_zpscj2qo8px.jpeg

It was a wonderful dinner. The brisket had such deep flavor and was fall apart tender and juicy. Thumbs up from all. Thanks Rich G for the idea.

As always thanks for looking and have a great Sunday.

If anything I posted led to that fine meal, I'm a happy guy! :) That brisket looks delicious, and, I'm with Kim, just a bit of sauce on mine (though the leftovers I usually eat on a sandwich, or in eggs, or tacos, or burritos, or.....) :)

Rich

Great cook Robert. That's a fine looking brisket. I could go ether way on the plates they both look good.

You did a fantastic job on that brisket Robert. Looks fabulous. Bark looks awesome too. The first night of a brisket cook I like to go with sauce and slices. Plenty of sammies after that. Hopefully you cubed the point for some Burnt Ends later.

WOW!!! Robert that brisket looks awesome. I'm with Kim, I like BBQ sauce on mine. I would take either one if you are handing them out. Outstanding job.

Robert, your brisket looks superb!
IF there are any leftovers, brisket spaghetti is always fun!

Nice looking brisket Robert. I'm going to have to give it a try again. The last couple I cooked didn't turn out that great.

That's most impressive Robert. I've yet to cook up a Brisket, you make it look easy. So where's Kim in all this? Yer' lacking dood

Back