Another Weber Performer Facelift.

JeffG

TVWBB Emerald Member
I always liked what Bob Whitney did to this Performer grill .https://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?61678-Weber-Performer-Facelift

I found a Weber SS Performer on Craigslist Last Tuesday for $100, post was 3 hours old. These Weber's go fast.
Looking at the pictures whoever put it together did it all backwards. Both sets of wheels were on the wrong end, and the Weber placard faced the backside of the grill.

I told him ill give you $75.00, done deal.

Here we go. After i took it all apart and put it together the right way.

CI4c4neh.jpg
[/IMG]

Harbor Freight wheels.
12pczcph.jpg
[/IMG]

The rest of the parts were from Home Depot, except the 5/8" nylock nuts to hold the wheels on were from Ace Hardware.
DFZ3l4Rh.jpg
[/IMG]

9ZHZ3Rxh.jpg
[/IMG]

I didn't like the all thread showing in Bobs thread so I bought some square tube plain steel and put the all thread thru it. you will see it in a later picture.

RI2Kyxvh.jpg
[/IMG]

All thread cut off point.

OgFw7aFh.jpg
[/IMG]

Square tube plain steel pic.

z7OofbMh.jpg
[/IMG]

And the 2" lift kit is done.

lvPmBI4h.jpg
[/IMG]

Now all i have to do is give it a good clean, paint the square tube, get a new igniter, fill the gas can and were all good.

I can't cook a pizza in the Challenge Pit..Throwdown #39: Pizza Battle Redux, but i can turn a wrench and build cool stuff.;)

Have a great weekend.

Last edited:
Nice I am hopefully going to get started this week on a couple of older Genesis and maybe my old performer also. I even thought about doing the 13" tires hah

wheels spin ok?

Nice!!! Figure out how to "flip" the charcoal basket lid to the end instead of the middle of the table & you'll be gold!

Last edited:
Nice I am hopefully going to get started this week on a couple of older Genesis and maybe my old performer also. I even thought about doing the 13" tires hah

wheels spin ok?

Reggie If you look close i used a nylock nut on the axle, not a axle nut, that way you can just the tightness of the wheels.

Wheels spin great.

Sorry. Methinks the "handle" in the middle of the table should be moved to the end.
Would make the table a lot more functional. It's been done.

Sorry. Methinks the "handle" in the middle of the table should be moved to the end.
Would make the table a lot more functional. It's been done.

Thanks Robert, i got it now.

Did someone on this forum post how it was done?, I would like to check out that Mod.

Thanks again.

Awesome!!!!!!!!!! I like the Sq. tubing covering the threaded rod. All Black is BadAss. Great Job.

Thanks Bob, I think the square tubing fits the design of the Performer Grill.
Agreed..All Black is BadAss
I could probably sell this BBQ to a Raiders Fan for big $$$$ ahaha.

Jeff

I was totally joking about spinners haha

But I'm going to try the dubs version of this and see how the 13" tires go

Just a thought??

DO you think that the full width axle is really needed? I wonder if one could get away with independent bolts at each corner? I am probably complicating this but that's what working nights does to you

Back