Craigslist Find

GregCox

This last Sunday I bought an 18" WSM for $30.00 all it needed was a new door. That cost me $19.99 plus shipping. Almost as good as 2 years ago I bought a brand new 26.75"kettle for $75.00. My 22" WSM was $250 brand new from craigslist. ;)

Great finds are out there, you just have to be patient. Good job on several great scores!!
Tim

I missed out two weber deals in one day. One was a Crate and Barrel Blue Weber Performer in pretty good condition from the picture for FREE! I missed it out by 15 minutes. Another was another Weber Performer in Green with gas assist in great condition with a cover for $75. I hesitated for couple of hours and when I contacted the seller, I was the second person in line.

Next day, saw an absolute pristine condition weber Genesis for $75 but I don't have a truck and it was bit too far for me.

My ultimate goal is to find a 26 inch Kettle!

T, you could put a couple of 22's next to each other and call it a 44. You can find 22's dirt cheap. Work as well as any 26 and then some.
I missed out two weber deals in one day. One was a Crate and Barrel Blue Weber Performer in pretty good condition from the picture for FREE! I missed it out by 15 minutes. Another was another Weber Performer in Green with gas assist in great condition with a cover for $75. I hesitated for couple of hours and when I contacted the seller, I was the second person in line.

Next day, saw an absolute pristine condition weber Genesis for $75 but I don't have a truck and it was bit too far for me.

My ultimate goal is to find a 26 inch Kettle!

yeah been seeing 22's for dirt cheap. space is a premium and so after buying a 22, i would have to sell the Q200 gas grill to make room. i figure with 26 inch i can do bigger cooks and briskets. already have a 14.5 WSM for smaller cooks.

Differant deals in differant areas. Round my area used webers go for near new prices. I have given up looking much anymore.

Last year I got VERY lucky. I started off the spring picking up an 18" Gold that was in a garage and looked like it was never used for ten bucks.
The CL find of all finds was a "Like New" 21" kettle for eighty bucks. I always said I'd like another 21", so I made the call. I drove an hour to pick it up, and when she showed it to me my jaw dropped. It was a like new 26"!!! I told her it wasn't a 21" and she got this funny look on her face and asked if I was still interested. I assured her I was, and offered her a hundred and fifty for it. She was a true good person and stuck to the original price, and I felt like I made the deal of the century. I almost had to take the lid holder off to get it into my Honda Fit, but I got it home. Now it's my go to grill whenever I am using my cast iron skillets or Dutch oven.

This last Sunday I bought an 18" WSM for $30.00 all it needed was a new door. That cost me $19.99 plus shipping. Almost as good as 2 years ago I bought a brand new 26.75"kettle for $75.00. My 22" WSM was $250 brand new from craigslist. ;)
Good find. Did you at least untie the guy before you left? :)

Back