Doctor Oz Talks About Pork

What's interesting is Dr. Oz (who is a Muslim and anti-pork) with a guest who is a questionable anti-pork advocate telling you what has been added to your meat.

Granted, the slides showed mostly processed portions. We all know that more processing equals more opportunities for adulteration. But, when you have a butcher who cuts and wraps your meat for you while you wait it is not the same product as when picking up a pre-packaged styrofoam plated product with an all-to-soon expiration date.

I don't want anyone thinking I'm saying this because I'm anti-Muslim. I've been to several of their countries more than once. While that is not entirely true, my experiences with is coming from another perspective. I just don't like so-called preachers & teachers/doctors & scientists who are hypocrites (...do as I say, not as I do). I've actually vacationed in Dr. Oz's home country of Turkey on two occasions when I lived in Europe during my last tour there. At the time, Turkey was 97% Muslim and less than 3% Christian.

I also want to apologize up front if this comes across as a rant to some people. It is not one. It's provided for informational purposes, just as his video was presented.

Off topic: I stopped listening to Dr. Oz over 10 years ago when it was reported that he received over 100,000 shares from Big Pharma to push vaccines on his program, while none of his children are vaccinated. Under Islam, Muslims do not vaccinate.

Recently, (some) scientists admitted most of today's diseases thrive BECAUSE of vaccines. They don't allow our own bodies to build up antibodies to protect itself naturally.

My wife gets a flu shot every year, yet she gets sick. I haven't had a flu shot since 1976 and I rarely get a cold. Although, I will admit I do get an occasional runny nose.

What's interesting is Dr. Oz (who is a Muslim and anti-pork) with a guest who is a questionable anti-pork advocate telling you what has been added to your meat.

Well, that *is* interesting, Bill. I had no idea Oz was a muslim.

I used to work with a man from Libya and another from Iran. The Iranian was an engineer, and the Libyan was about my pay grade. I got along with them well, but we never talked about religion much.

As for Oz, he's not someone I cater to that much, and I hear a lot of married men detest him due to the influence he has on their wives.

Oz mentioned something about free range pork. Frankly, I haven't seen any around here that I can recall. Sam's Club recently started selling Smithfield Signature pork shoulders, but I don't know if it's free range or not.

EDIT: I beg your pardon, the name was Smithfield Prime Reserve...

http://www.smithfield.com/products/prime-reserve/prime-reserve-bone-in-pork-shoulder-butt-roast/

Is Smithfield a nationally-known brand? Is it available outside of the South?

Last edited:
Well, that *is* interesting, Bill. I had no idea Oz was a muslim.

I used to work with a man from Libya and another from Iran. The Iranian was an engineer, and the Libyan was about my pay grade. I got along with them well, but we never talked about religion much.

As for Oz, he's not someone I cater to that much, and I hear a lot of married men detest him due to the influence he has on their wives.

Oz mentioned something about free range pork. Frankly, I haven't seen any around here that I can recall. Sam's Club recently started selling Smithfield Signature pork shoulders, but I don't know if it's free range or not.

EDIT: I beg your pardon, the name was Smithfield Prime Reserve...

http://www.smithfield.com/products/prime-reserve/prime-reserve-bone-in-pork-shoulder-butt-roast/

Is Smithfield a nationally-known brand? Is it available outside of the South?

I've had many conversations with Muslims when I was deployed but we never discussed religion.

I've worked and vacationed in over 24 countries. One commonality is when you're with another person on a 1-on-1 basis, people are just people. No anti-this or anti-that conversations. Well, except 1 or 2 Serbs who asked why I wanted to learn "that sh1t language", Albanian. The Serbs and Kosovar Albanians have been against each other since the Albanians were given the choice of "convert or die" at/during/after the battle at the Field of Blackbirds outside of Pristina in 1389. (And yes, I've been to the site). It was the Catholic Serbs stopped the Muslims from advancing westward in their attempt to take over Europe. Many people do not realize that "Balkans" is the Turkish word for "mountains".

My interest in travel started while looking at the pictures in the encyclopedia long before I was 10. I always told myself I wanted to go here or there, etc. This also influenced me to be a history major in college.

I live about 30 miles from a grouping of larger cities (200k combined). There is a Sam's in Davenport, IA. We're not members so I'm not familiar with their products. I heard Davenport may also be getting a Costco's soon. But I'm not one to drive 70 miles (RT) to shop for groceries.

Recently, (some) scientists admitted most of today's diseases thrive BECAUSE of vaccines. They don't allow our own bodies to build up antibodies to protect itself naturally.
I think this is a dangerous statement. I would like to see references to scientific articles supporting this claim.

Perhaps there's some confusion here between vaccines and antibiotics & antibacterial ingredients. Overuse of these is thought to result in drug-resistant bacteria that our bodies and our current collection of antibiotics have difficulty defeating.

As for the video, I'm always bothered by the attempt to smear an ingredient because it has multiple uses, as is done with sodium phosphate at the end of the video. I'm not a fan of enhanced meat, but don't try to make it something that it's not.

It's like the kerfuffle in 2014 over azodicarbonamide, the "yoga matt chemical", in Subway rolls. Kind of like the joke that dihydrogen monoxide causes death by inhalation, corrodes metals, and can be found in cleaning solvents, acid rain, industrial waste, baby food and beer. Oh...it's water.

I think this is a dangerous statement. I would like to see references to scientific articles supporting this claim.

I understand you concern...really do.

Not sure how many you want, but here are couple:

http://www.vaccinationcouncil.org/2011/02/13/vaccines-get-the-full-story/ (There's a link to print or read in pdf format).

http://www.blatantpropaganda.org/propaganda/articles/vaccination_doctors.html

http://www.greatergoodmovie.org/news-views/doctors-and-scientists-with-concerns-about-vaccines/

http://www.vaccinationcouncil.org/2011/01/20/islam-vaccines-and-health-2/

http://www.vaclib.org/sites/debate/web5.html

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/a...ccines-are-dangerous-says-the-government.aspx

Off topic: Concerning your water remark. We all know that Europe drinks a lot of beer because in the old days they didn't realize boiling sterilizes it. A couple years ago I saw a show on TV where they took swamp water, tested it for bacteria, etc., and used it as a baseline. Then they brewed up a batch of beer and retested it. Completely bacteria free.

Last edited:
Nothing you posted is remotely scientific.
Dr. Oz is a quack but for completely separate reasons.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, I don't have to get past the first link to know I'm not looking at mainstream scientific consensus on vaccines. This is more like what I'm looking for:

Fact or Fiction?: Vaccines Are Dangerous
Overwhelming medical evidence proves that negative side effects are rare and minor

I understand. But, if someone comes up with a theory and gets others believe it and they parrot the same theory year after year that doesn't necessarily make it true either. For instance, "homophobic" is an "accepted" term, yet it doesn't describe the fear. Homo = same...phobia = fear, together = the fear of the same. The proper term SHOULD BE "homosexualphobia" the fear of homosexuals, which properly describes the phobia.

At one time bloodletting was the "recommended" practice for many ailiments. Anyone who didn't accept it at that time was shunned and labeled as a quack. My point with the above is "mainstream" is not always right.

Chris, if you would prefer to delete the entire thread I would not take it as an insult or anything else. IMO, bad blood between friends is not worth such a trivial matter. A lot like the "life's too short to drink bad beer" theory. :)

Last edited:
There's no bad blood here. You're a good guy, there's no personal criticism intended. I would prefer to focus on our common passion for grilling, barbecuing, and Weber grills.

Sorry, I can't help myself...the mainstream practice of bloodletting was not based on scientific medicine. It was the advent of scientific medicine that proved bloodletting as ineffective for all but a handful of conditions.

I've had many conversations with Muslims when I was deployed but we never discussed religion.

I've worked and vacationed in over 24 countries. One commonality is when you're with another person on a 1-on-1 basis, people are just people. No anti-this or anti-that conversations. Well, except 1 or 2 Serbs who asked why I wanted to learn "that sh1t language", Albanian. The Serbs and Kosovar Albanians have been against each other since the Albanians were given the choice of "convert or die" at/during/after the battle at the Field of Blackbirds outside of Pristina in 1389. (And yes, I've been to the site). It was the Catholic Serbs stopped the Muslims from advancing westward in their attempt to take over Europe. Many people do not realize that "Balkans" is the Turkish word for "mountains".

My interest in travel started while looking at the pictures in the encyclopedia long before I was 10. I always told myself I wanted to go here or there, etc. This also influenced me to be a history major in college.

Tito held that part of the world together (Yugoslavia) for many years until the fall of communism. I understand there were some big WWI battles in those mountainous parts too.

Not quite sure how this tread went from cheap pork to vaccines, all I know is Barb and I are have cheap pork steaks tonight at $.89 a pound for whole butt. Had it sliced into steaks and they're excellent and cheap.
As far as Dr. Oz goes I don't pay to much attention to him.

The whole Dr. Oz thing is divided into several segments and I watched a few. There's really nothing that shocking or controversial about what they're saying. Basically, don't buy enhanced pork if you can help it, brine it yourself. And consider buying pork that's not been treated with antibiotics if that's an important issue for you.

Back