Weekly meal prep & seasoning the new 22

ChadVKealey

TVWBB Pro
Got a crazy week coming up prepping for a scout camping trip next weekend, so I wanted to make sure we had a couple dinners pre-cooked.

Started with an eye round roast on the rotisserie on the Performer:

Ran it with one char-basket full on the side for about an hour. When it hit 115-125 IT, I moved the basket underneath to get a good crust, then pulled it off and put in the chill box. Later, I ran it through the deli slicer for sammiches. I got two 1 pound packages, so froze one for far future use.

While that was spinning, I halved a couple chickens and gave 'em a coat of SPG inside & out followed by some Big Bob Gibson's BBQ rub (which I wasn't crazy about at first, but am developing a taste for).

I cooked these on the top rack in the "almost" new 22, trying to get it seasoned up. If these didn't do it, the 8 butts I'll be cooking the weekend after next should!

In the end, these chickens looked and smelled better than almost any I've ever cooked. I had a small sample (for QC purposes) and boy is it tasty. I froze then vacuum sealed each half separately; hopefully they are as good reheated!

You nailed all those cooks so far, good luck on the 8 butts and your Scout trip.

Outstanding cooks and you should get a badge for those cooks. Have fun and be safe on the camping trip.

Back