Smoke Tube/Log/Maze

I have the one that expands from 12" to 18" and I've yet to use it expanded. I would have been fine with the 12". An ideal size would be an expandable from 6" to 12" but I don't think that exists

I like my tube (expandable) very much, have not taken time to use it quite as much as I might but, when I have it's been great. Rhonda at A-Mazen is really great too, had a little issue with a billing thing and she fixed it instantly for me! They are very thoughtful bunch, buy something, help keep them in business!

I have a square tube smoker, one nice thing about it is that it fits under the grate on my gasser, sitting on top of the flavorizer bars.... squarely :)

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B01KNF9ZNY/tvwb-20

81wkPAy9iOL._SL1500_.jpg

yes, it was called Mo's Smokin Pouch when I bought it, there have been some design changes that I'm sure are for the better (I still like mine). It's (the pouch) probably better for grilling since the ash is much more contained, but any of these smoke tubes / mazes should work on the gasser as well. One thing I like about the maze is it's easier to fill, the square tube is a little messy to do by hand - no big deal but

Filling tip:
Take an old barbecue sauce bottle (wide mouth, plastic) and cut it off just below the shoulder. It makes a really handy funnel for almost nothing. It also helps whe filling spice jars or pepper mills.
I do the same with large soda bottles if I need a disposable funnel too but, I'm still using one I've had for about two years since it hasn't failed yet.

I've been thinking about getting one of these to try cold smoking bacon. I normally cool smoke my bacon at around 180. Those that use these do you like it better cold smoked? About how long does it normally take to smoke a slab?

Filling tip:
Take an old barbecue sauce bottle (wide mouth, plastic) and cut it off just below the shoulder. It makes a really handy funnel for almost nothing. It also helps whe filling spice jars or pepper mills.
I do the same with large soda bottles if I need a disposable funnel too but, I'm still using one I've had for about two years since it hasn't failed yet.

I was actually thinking about this.

Back