The other Rich's birthday dinner.....

Rich G

TVWBB Honor Circle
First, happy birthday, Mr. Dahl! :)

I wonder how many of us on here prefer the option of cooking their own birthday dinner? Well, I know I do (truth be told, I like being treated to a nice dinner, too!!)

There were seven of us, which seemed too many for one tri tip, and too few for two tri tips. So, I trimmed the "tails" off a couple of prime TT's from CostCo, and seasoned them up with DP Raising the Steaks:

34102432541_1927053c10_k.jpg

Gave them a good kiss of heat on the cast iron insert:

34076121432_9b117e3669_k.jpg

Had a drink while the TT's went indirect for a while:

34102431581_a2c440bad3_k.jpg

Getting close to done, but needed some more crust, so here they are post sear #2:

34102430291_7854791c40_k.jpg

.....and, sliced (not to toot my own horn, but these look about perfect to me!!):

34102429391_9ec012b782_k.jpg

My lovely bride made some roasted broccoli, and I served some of this on the side too:

34076261802_9a6a48f15b_k.jpg

On tap we had a 2008 Scherrer Alexander Valley Cabernet. All in all, a damn fine meal, enjoyed with great company.

Hope y'all had a great weekend....I sure did! :)

Rich

Happy birthday Rich. That's a great looking birthday dinner. Was your martini shaken, not stirred?

That is a most worthy Birthday dinner, that Tri-Tip is pure perfection. Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday Rich, those TT's look perfect. I'm with you, I prefer to cook on my birthday too.

Happy birthday Rich! Great looking TT. Barb and I decided to do a low key birthday for me, I like to cook and it just was the two of us so it worked out great.
Looks like you had a nice one too.

Happy Birthday Rich! Glad to hear you had a great one. My wife always cooks on my birthday. She's a far better cook than me and I gratefully accept her offer. I always cook on hers so it works out. That TT is cooked perfectly and your bread looks outstanding. Your pic's all look terrific but....

Here's the Money Shot. :)

Cliff and I are on the same page! I will have my patio expansion project completed in another hour or so, I needed a break.
Last step of sanding before I make myself a nice big martini!

Thanks, all. I have to say, that martini went down pretty easy.....and, yeah, shaken, not stirred (actually, not sure I have a preference as I've never had a stirred martini!)

R

Happy belated Birthday, the other Rich.;)
I'd toot my own horn at that cook, looks perfect to me!!):

Back