Sous Vide Tri-Tip and inaugural Vortex run

AbeLos

TVWBB Member
This week I decided to go with a Sous Vide Tri-Tip and since I was going to have to fire up the grill I figured I might as well try out the Vortex that I got a little while ago.

The Tri-Tip was seasoned with Montreal Steak seasoning and went from the freezer to the bath at 128.5*

Since I was going to fire up the grill, I decided to try out the vortex and throw some drumsticks and country style pork ribs with a chunk of apple. Put a little Sweet Baby Ray's on the chicken a few minutes before I pulled them off. YUM!!!

Took the Tri-Tip out the bath after 9 hrs, pat it dry and let it rest for a few minutes.

Put it on the vortex for a few minutes each side, will have to make adjustments next time, tri-tip was not entirely over the heat source, so I had to move it around extend the time to get some color on it.

All sliced up, if I would have taken the vortex out and spread out the coals a little, I would have gotten better color on the meat, but it was still nice and tasty, just not perfect like the last one I did with the Sous Vide.

Back