Another One Bites the Dust (Birthday that is)

Rich Dahl

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Yesterday was my birthday and the beginning of the last year of my sixties. To celebrate Barb and I grilled up a couple of rib eyes we had cut from the full rib eye roast we bought last week. Had a baker and grilled onions and mushrooms which Barb did on the gasser.
The performer got the call for the steaks. S&P was it for seasoning. Did a reverse sear.
The steaks were great, I think, maybe a couple to many adult beverages. But what the heck you only get to be 69 once.
DSCN6182_zpsjtc7mg5g.jpg

DSCN6189_zpstuqb6qsy.jpg

DSCN6190_zpsl1nebok5.jpg

DSCN6194_zps23xdndsm.jpg

DSCN6200_zpsbxk6nozh.jpg

DSCN6202_zpsr8c1idqf.jpg

DSCN6206_zpsch3ul9oy.jpg

Have a great weekend

Happy Birthday Rich, Its your fortieth anniversary of your 29th Birthday.;)
You two did your birthday up right, love this pic.

z6rT3L7h.jpg

And the Blue Performer....

Last edited:
Happy Birthday Rich!!! Your BBQ is spot on, congrats! Tell Barb I've got her dough rising for a Pizza cook tonight

Happy birthday Rich. You and Barb always inspire me. I enter my sixties this year and it's awesome to see what us "seasoned" guys can do.

Here's to many more old friend. I'm 10 clicks behind you & will turn the big 60 in Nov.
Red flag day here today, I bet that its the same thing for you. doing Kentucky style chicken on the Good One smoker. The wind never stops me.
Live long & prosper.
old grill goat & his better half

Happy belated Birthday Rich. Terrific looking birthday cook. You even coaxed a nice comment out of Russ. Miss seeing his posts.

Happy belated Birthday Rich. Terrific looking birthday cook. You even coaxed a nice comment out of Russ. Miss seeing his posts.

Cliff, you made me laugh & made my day.
Oh, & by the way I did order a smoke day t-shirt.
A nice brown one.
old grill goat

Happy Birthday Rich. I heard the first 69 years of childhood are the toughest!:) Great looking steaks too! Nice to have such a great meal on your day!

Thank you all for the great birthday wishes. It's nice to have all these wonderful friends here on the forum.

Back