Weber Discontinued Accessories

Richard Garcia

TVWBB All-Star
I was browsing on Amazon the other day and came-across the Weber GBS Eberskivel(makes Danish Pancakes) which now costs around $150.00. This Accessory had an original cost of around $60 before it was discontinued sometime back.

I guess this is a true example of the "Supply and Demand" concept for some Weber Accessories that become Discontinued??

I guess someone who's a GBS collector and is only missing the ebelskiver accessory might be willing to pay a pretty penny for it. Whether that's $150 or $100 or $75...only time will tell.

Just saw on Amazon.Com a Weber 7453 Premium Grill Cover for the 22" Charcoal Grill for $108.98, so, get them well their Hot!

Just saw on Amazon.Com a Weber 7453 Premium Grill Cover for the 22" Charcoal Grill for $108.98, so, get them well their Hot!

What the heck... Seriously? That's insane!

I'd go with Yukon if I needed one.

Why would they discontinue a cover?

Why would they discontinue a cover?
Because the Weber 7453 Premium Grill Cover (made with heavy vinyl material) has been replaced by the Weber 7149 Grill Cover (made with lightweight polyester fabric) that sells for only $29.94.

The high price on the last of the 7453 covers is because they're being sold by third parties, not by Amazon directly, and they are taking advantage of the few people willing to pay anything for one of those old vinyl covers.

I bought the Weber 7453 Premium Grill Cover for my Weber OTG for around $30.00 here in Costa Rica around 5 years ago. It is heavy duty and a quality grill cover, however, the cover that I bought for my Weber Mastertouch Grill last year is really lightweight and kind of cheezy.

...the cover that I bought for my Weber Mastertouch Grill last year is really lightweight and kind of cheezy.
That's the way all the new covers are, using the lightweight polyester fabric. I've got one on my Summit gas grill, and the only advantage is it's easier to get on and off by myself than the old cover. I've also got one on the Summit Charcoal Grilling Center and that guy catches the wind and blows up like a balloon in storms, partly because of the open bottom design of the grill and partly because of a few inadequate tie-downs.

I'm cleaning the garage today and am finding all kinds of "stuff" but, I still don't think I need the ebelskiver pan. I might find one under a pile of grill parts yet!

My order from Amazon for a Weber GBS Korean Cast Iron Grill Insert arrived today in Costa Rica. I took the plunge even though the total cost which included Costa Rica Import Taxes and Shipping to Costa Rica was around $125.00. This unit will compliment my Weber GBS Pizza Stone,Griddle and Sear Grate for my 22" Weber Mastertouch Grill.

This was a "WANT" more than a "NEED" in which my wife totally agreed with my thinking that I really did not need it!

Also, I have not seen any comment on this Forum that this is a moderate price hobby??

Last edited:
Because the Weber 7453 Premium Grill Cover (made with heavy vinyl material) has been replaced by the Weber 7149 Grill Cover (made with lightweight polyester fabric) that sells for only $29.94.

The high price on the last of the 7453 covers is because they're being sold by third parties, not by Amazon directly, and they are taking advantage of the few people willing to pay anything for one of those old vinyl covers.

Awe makes sense, thank you Chris.

Saw another extreme example of third party price gouging on Amazon where the Weber 6409 Salt and Pepper Shakers are selling for $29.99 plus $4.72 shipping. This item in February, 2015 sold for $4.99.

Last edited:

Back