95 Weber Performer question

T Bounds

TVWBB Super Fan
Friends,

I need some genuine feedback. I have a stainless Weber performer, a red one, that I'm about to sell. The upshot: it's in great shape. The burner works fine, the table is in great shape. The only flaw is the bowl. After 22 years the sweep is toast and the holes in the bottom of the bowl are rusted through in places. I still grill on it all the time but it needs some love.

Why sell? Because I really need a 26" Weber for my family needs. If I'm going to put any money in anything it's going to be a 26".

So the question. What is a reasonable price to ask for such a nice, desired Weber performer? I will sell it to somebody but I'd like a fair price in return. What say y'all?

Thanks for any feedback.

Keep it and find a new bowl and sweeper, the SS Performer was built like a tank.

Jeff, Thanks for the encouragement but that solution doesn't fit the bill for me. I'm not a collector or nostalgic. I'm a practical griller. The Performer has served me well for 12 years (I bought it used) but now space needs are real for me and I don't want two grills. The 26" is the solution and this one will be on Craigslist within the month. I just don't know a fair asking price. I'm thinking $75 to $100 but that may be crazy high or absurdly low. Any ideas? Thanks.

The market in your area will determine its value.
I suggest starting it at $125 OBO, and keeping the communication via email only until someone contacts you who seems really interested.
Give it a week or two and drop the price a bit if it doesn't sell.
I'm sure you already know that a few pictures and thorough description will help sort out the curious only from the seriously interested.
Good luck! You'll really like that 26" without a doubt.
PS, I'd make sure to get the word red in the title.

Here in AZ SS performers are selling anywhere from $50 for one in fair condition to $150+ in excellent condition. I would find out if a new bowl is available from Weber and the sweeper and the price for both incase someone asks. Because it's red it should draw some attention, but if the parts aren't available to restore it could be a deal killer.
Good luck.

A toasted one touch cleaning system (sweeper) will keep you from getting a decent price for it. A new one costs less than $15 and is easy to install; you'll more than get that back when you sell it. Stainless Steel Performers are easier to sell than later models in similar shape and everybody wants redheads. Depending on the severity of the rust in the bowl, you should be able to get $100+ for it.

Back