Good Morning from London, UK

PTrauber

Popping in to say hi. I'm a US expat living in London (Hackney), and sitting in my garden getting acclimated to the spring is a brand new 47cm WSM. :wsm22: I've got it nomex taped up all over, reshaped the door, and it's ready for the first burn this weekend. I've been a lurker for a little bit now, absorbing as much knowledge as possible prior to purchase. I guess a "Thanks!" is in order. :) I'm looking forward to a summer of some serious smoked meats!

Welcome to the forum. If you've been lurking you know we are a friendly bunch of Weber owners. Feel free to ask any questions you may have, there is always someone who can give you good advice.
Looking forward to seeing some of your cooks and remember we like pictures.

Welcome PT. BBQ has gained a lot of popularity in the U.K. in recent years. One difference between the US and U.K. (For me at least) is the difference in beef - it's not as tender here in the U.K. Find yourself a good butcher. You're also close to Smithfields meat market, do some research then get up early and you'll source some very good meat.

Happy BBQ'ing.

Cheers! I'm a fan of MeatN16 over in Stoke Newington, but I'm struggling to find local, reasonably priced butchers with selection. Luckily I have a Costco card, so I can stock up the freezer every few months or so.

Any tips on the meat "grades" over here?

Back