Heatermeter and RPI not on speaking terms any longer?

Jarrod Igou

TVWBB Member
Hey, everyone - I'm hoping someone can help me out here....

I've got a v4.0 Heatermeter on an original Pi that I've been using successfully for years.

Now, suddenly, it seems as though the RPi and my Heatermeter hardware aren't getting along. The heatermeter hardware is running just fine, reads the probes and controls my fan perfectly. The RPi works fine, shows me the web interface and lets me access the config screens via wifi.

I can update the configuration in the config, click "Save and Apply" and it writes to the heatermeter. (I tested by disabling, then re-enabling my Ambient temp channel.)

The problem is that my web page isn't showing any data from the probes (names, temp values, etc). I get dashes for pit temp in the web interface, even though I have a probe plugged in and the LCD is showing a temperature. None of the probe names show on the web interface - only dashes. I have a probe plugged in to channel 2 also, but that temp doesn't show on the web interface.

I've also got the PitDroid app on my phone; it isn't getting any data from the system either.

The final piece: in troubleshooting a wifi issue previously, I grabbed a new SD card and installed a newer version of the software to it. I plugged it into my RPi, played around, and couldn't get the wifi to talk....so I put the older "last known good" SD card in...and no difference. I'm wondering if my current "lack of data display" issue is tied to the fact that I tried a newer version of the software, but then bounced back to older.

Any thoughts or troubleshooting would be welcome!!

Jarrod

After all of that....I dug around, happened to find the "new" SD card I was working with....and I'm back in business.

It appears it was indeed a case of mis-matched versions. Got talking to my network, displaying properly, talking to PitDroid...YAY.

Now to go put those four butts on!

Jarrod

Back