Free sample of Weber briquettes

Yeah my sample is on the way in 4 to 6 weeks, so they say.
The bag I bought in January was from Home Depot and at that time their website said my store had 34 bags in stock, it now shows 33.
Guess I've bought the only one from there.
Sending free samples tells me it isn't selling well.

I was at Wally World today and they had big stacks of Kingsford long burning in 3 different areas, regular price.
Bet it's not selling well either.

Long burning sounds more like a marketing technique. "Long" is a relative term, but "long" to what? Regular burning? Technically, even 1 minute longer qualifies as long burning.

I must be the only one in NE Ohio to buy some. I got a bag for myself and one for my brother. It's one of those things I needed to try.
So If the bag they send is a small one I'm going to keep it for looks.

Yeah my sample is on the way in 4 to 6 weeks, so they say.
The bag I bought in January was from Home Depot and at that time their website said my store had 34 bags in stock, it now shows 33.
Guess I've bought the only one from there.
Sending free samples tells me it isn't selling well.

I was at Wally World today and they had big stacks of Kingsford long burning in 3 different areas, regular price.
Bet it's not selling well either.

Same over here Bob, Was at wally world and they had Kingsford original stacked two pellets high right by the front door and not one bag has been sold in over two weeks.

If I can find Kingsford at a good price, I'll buy some. I did find a big, busted, bag of it laced with mesquite at a local Walmart, and they sold it to me for 2.39 after I inquired about selling it at a reduced price.

Wasn't expecting to pay such a small amount, so it pays to ask.

Just noticed today at my wal mart bags and bags of differant flavored Kingsford charcoal. Cherry, mesquite, hickory and applewood. All under 10 bucks a bag.

I'm replied and signed up. Curious more than anything. With the Kingsford sale roughly three times a year, it would be impossible for me to switch no matter how long it burns.

I'm replied and signed up. Curious more than anything. With the Kingsford sale roughly three times a year, it would be impossible for me to switch no matter how long it burns.

Agreed. I like the Weber stuff (bought a bag for fun), but it's not 4x better than KBB on sale.

If they can get the price down to something more reasonable (no more than $15/bag), then I'll consider using it more. I get that they see it as a premium product, and I'm willing to see it as such, but $1/pound is a hard briquette to swallow.

I'm starting to think that Weber thinks that just because they slap their name on something it's a premium product and commands a premium price. There are a lot of competitive alternatives available at a much lower price to almost everything they sell.

Back