Weber Spirit E-210 Leak Check

JasonGla

Hello all. Grilling newbie here (previous 10+ years in apt life will do that to you) as my Weber Spirit E2-10 is my first grill. Excited to use but wife and I have encountered an issue when doing our initial leak check. We aren't having any luck with the following step:

A) Disconnect the two wires from the igniter button located on the underside of the control panel (2)
NOTE: Pull form terminals at ends of wires

Neither my wife nor I can even get the wires to budge let alone remove them. It's extremely difficult to get any type of good grip on the terminals. I emailed Weber; they acknowledged the difficulty and recommended pulling from side to side (wasn't of much help) Are there any other suggestions on how to remove in order to perform check? Obviously don't want to damage any igniter wires. Thanks for any information.

Hello all. Grilling newbie here (previous 10+ years in apt life will do that to you) as my Weber Spirit E2-10 is my first grill. Excited to use but wife and I have encountered an issue when doing our initial leak check. We aren't having any luck with the following step:

A) Disconnect the two wires from the igniter button located on the underside of the control panel (2)
NOTE: Pull form terminals at ends of wires

Neither my wife nor I can even get the wires to budge let alone remove them. It's extremely difficult to get any type of good grip on the terminals. I emailed Weber; they acknowledged the difficulty and recommended pulling from side to side (wasn't of much help) Are there any other suggestions on how to remove in order to perform check? Obviously don't want to damage any igniter wires. Thanks for any information.

I honestly wouldn't bother removing the wires. If you are worried, just let them dry.

Back