Easter weekend cooks.

Dustin Dorsey

TVWBB Hall of Fame
Did a few cooks over Easter weekend.

Carmelized some onions and bell peppers for fajitas.

Skirt steak that I seasoned with salt and pepper.

Finished skirt steak. I cooked this on the Genesis 1000. I should have preheated the grates longer but I nailed the internal cook. 1 1/2 minutes on each side.

Chicken marinated in alabama white sauce.

Seasoned with Kosmos Dirty Bird.

Made some sausage with the recipe I posted here:
https://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?65501-Texas-style-beef-sausage

I had a blow out and that's why I made the weird small piece to isolate it. Everyone always raves over this sausage.

I wound up running out of room on the WSM so I smoked the sausage on the kettle.

Sausage just about done.

The sad only picture I got of the chicken.

I completely failed to get good plated or after pictures but I haven't posted anything for a while. I've been doing a lot of daily, simple cooks on the Genesis, but it felt great to do a big charcoal cook. This time I got busy hunting eggs! I hope everyone had a happy Easter!

I see you and that little genie are becoming good friends. You must have been a cooking machine this past weekend to fill a WSM and having to use the kettle for your sausage smoke = Wow!
It all looks great especially the sausage. Got to get my act together and give that a whirl.

My very nice cooks here I do not know where to stsrt, your chicken shot means it was good and you are lucky to get that photo of it.
Sausage I lover fresh smoked sauage, the skirt steak looks perfect.
A job very well done.

Dustin, you were a very busy man and the different foods tells the story. Awesome job but that sausage outstanding. Thanks for sharing a great cook.

As always Dustin I'm amazed at your production. You are obviously very organized to be able to cook so many great meals. Great job!

Back