The Virtual Weber Bullet The Virtual Weber Bullet
TVWB Homepage TVWB Product Info TVWB Cooking Topics TVWB Operating Tips & Mods TVWB Videos TVWB Resources TVWB Shopping

Thread: Recommendation on new 22.5 cover?

Recommendation on new 22.5 cover?

I've had my 22.5 for about 3 years now and the cover is weathered pretty bad. The vinyl is cracking and breaking off creating holes where rain/snow get in.

I cant seem to find an official Weber cover. It's not listed on their site.

Does anyone have any recommendations for my 22.5 WSM?

TVWBB Super Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by THarper View Post
    I've had my 22.5 for about 3 years now and the cover is weathered pretty bad. The vinyl is cracking and breaking off creating holes where rain/snow get in.

I cant seem to find an official Weber cover. It's not listed on their site.

Does anyone have any recommendations for my 22.5 WSM?
    Contact Weber customer service via email along with a picture or two of your weathered cover. When I contacted them they asked for a photo and then were kind enough to send me one with the new cover material. Weber customer service is great and it is a much better cover in my opinion. If nothing else you'll at least get the part number for the cover.
    18" One-Touch Silver, 22" One-Touch Gold^2, Summit E-420, 22.5" WSM, 18.5" WSM, 14.5" WSM, Jumbo Joe.

TVWBB Member
    Interested in this myself. My cover barely wants to go over my smoker anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd NC View Post
    Contact Weber customer service via email along with a picture or two of your weathered cover. When I contacted them they asked for a photo and then were kind enough to send me one with the new cover material. Weber customer service is great and it is a much better cover in my opinion. If nothing else you'll at least get the part number for the cover.
    Thanks. I'll give that a shot and see what happens.

TVWBB Gold Member Dustin Dorsey's Avatar
    I just got the new weber cover in. I wish I had thought to call Weber. I just ordered one from amazon.

Old Cover

New Cover.

The new one fits looser than the old one. It's definitely a lighter weight material. I think it will hold up better to weather, but I doubt its going to prove to be all that waterproof.

This is another one that is pretty good. I have a different model for my Genesis 1000 and 22.5 OTS that I really like. I almost wish I had bought this one, but I'll hold my judgement on the new weber one until it rains.
    https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/A...UQQOC8/tvwb-20
    22.5 WSM, 22.5 OTS, Smokey Joe, Genesis 1000, Smokenator 1000, Old Country Pecos, Thermapen, Smoke, Maverick ET-732, Igrill 2

TVWBB Pro
    Why don't you just use a large garbage bag under the old cover if you leave it out over winter? Dedicate the new one for summer use only. It'll keep the new one looking newer longer.

I have an oversized 2 car garage so the only time mine is out of the garage is when I'm using it.
    Bill: WSM 22.5 BBQ Guru DigiQ DX2 : Maverick ET-733 : BHG Gas Grill: His & Hers John Deere Lawn Tractors

TVWBB Gold Member Dustin Dorsey's Avatar
    What is this "winter" you speak of?
    22.5 WSM, 22.5 OTS, Smokey Joe, Genesis 1000, Smokenator 1000, Old Country Pecos, Thermapen, Smoke, Maverick ET-732, Igrill 2

TVWBB Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustin Dorsey View Post
    What is this "winter" you speak of?
    For you...it's the period between Halloween and Valentine's Day.

(FWIW, I've been through Wichita Falls).
    Bill: WSM 22.5 BBQ Guru DigiQ DX2 : Maverick ET-733 : BHG Gas Grill: His & Hers John Deere Lawn Tractors