It's been a while, guys... Spruced up my father's gasser and cooked Easter Dinner.

Joe InJersey

TVWBB All-Star
I took all of this rusty junk out of a Genesis Silver C.

FvtxWqT.jpg

After some minor disassembly, I scraped all of the caked on grease and rust chunks out as clean as I could get it.
Then I installed the new parts:
Burners, Igniter, Flavorizer Bars, "newer" recycled grates, regulator and hose for the LP, and a new cover.
u2TpEEx.jpg

Now to see if it still works after so many years of great service...

Steaks! Ribeyes from BJ's wholesale (9 of 'em). Seasoned up and ready to go:

6VIkYfn.jpg

First some asparagus (O.O. S&P) :

6xU1L13.jpg

Sauteed 'shrooms on the side burner:

fI3uP5B.jpg

Steaks on and flipped:

TwRzeJU.jpg

dels4ma.jpg

Made a pound of Hotel Butter (lemon juice&zest, shallots, parsley, creole seasoning) all mashed into the butter and rolled in Saran to make this log:

KZUySoA.jpg

And here's a few on the way to the table:

vohjpYR.jpg

I think we're going to keep the grill for a while longer. 20 something years isn't enough. ;)

I hope you guys all had a happy Easter or Passover as well.
Thanks for lookin'!

Awesome job on the rehab and those steaks outstanding. I'd say that puppy has another 20 years to do it's stuff.

Nice job on both the rehab and the food. Love to see these old faithfuls get the TLC that can make them go on cooking for years

You knocked both the rehab and the cook out of the park. The compound butter sounds wonderful.

That is awesome that you brought back and old friend from the brink. I love this kind of story. And also the food looks great too.

Those steaks look great Joe and so does the grill. I'm going to borrow your hotel butter recipe, that looks tasty.

I'm going to do that someday to my 2002 Silver C. Original burners still in great shape. I replaced the flavorizer bars and grill grates with SS a few years ago but am thinking about a total rehab this summer. Great looking steaks by the way.

Nice, clean looking job on that Genesis Joe! Nothing better than a Rib Eye cook and yours looks fantastic. Like that Hotel Butter also.

Back