Do 26" ever go on sale?

Rocky P

Just wonder if the 26" ever go on sale? My 22" just doesn't have enough room any more for the family. Need to upgrade and wondering if around Father's day or Memorial Day they might go on sale?

Just wonder if the 26" ever go on sale? My 22" just doesn't have enough room any more for the family. Need to upgrade and wondering if around Father's day or Memorial Day they might go on sale?

I've never seen them on sale. Your best bet might be to order one from Lowes and use one of their coupons to get a 10-15% discount (you can get these on EBay).

I haven't looked perpetually but I did check periodically before buying my 26" last year. The only discount I was aware of is as others have stated--use a Lowe's credit card or similar and get a small discount. But I will say this; it has been a beautiful investment for our family, especially considering that I do a two-zone setup.

I thought about one, but when I need to cook a bunch of food, I fire up the Performer AND the Jumbo Joe. Have the Genesis if I need more. Never seen them on sale and they don't show up very often on craigslist. Still looking though.

I won't be adding one to the stable until I build a bigger garage or I'll have to move into the doghouse, which I'd have to build first! I have enough square footage as long as I can manage the 22", 18" Silver B, 18 WSM, Smokey Joe, Go Anywhere or the firebowl and hibachi.
But, one of these days....

I've never seen them on sale. Your best bet might be to order one from Lowes and use one of their coupons to get a 10-15% discount (you can get these on EBay).

Most of Lowes' coupons/promotions specifically exclude certain brands which have manufacturer-controlled prices (like Weber products).

To the OP, if you want a 26" kettle, it's gonna cost you. However, I'm sure it's well-worth the price. In some parts of the country, these might pop up on CL, but up here in the northeast, I've seen one in the past 2-3 years, and the seller new what they had, so it was priced so close to brand new that it wasn't worth the drive to get it.

Most of Lowes' coupons/promotions specifically exclude certain brands which have manufacturer-controlled prices (like Weber products)..

When I bought my Performer I had a 10% coupon that they honored. I ordered a few Weber accessories also. I guess it depends on the coupon.

I don't have a 26er either, here is my solution for big cooks.

When I bought my Performer I had a 10% coupon that they honored. I ordered a few Weber accessories also. I guess it depends on the coupon.

I don't have a 26er either, here is my solution for big cooks.

I'm a gonna make you call "Unkle"! :p

If you have a Discover credit card, you could use their Price Protection benefit and file a claim to match Nebraska Furniture Mart's $199 price. It's what I did.

I purchased the 26" from another online retailer for $299, then filed a claim and am going to receive $100 back. Easy peasy

Last edited:
The 26er is well worth the retail price. I have seen a few pop up used on CL. Space is an issue for me, so I sold the 22 and bought a 26 at Ace. Instead of buying a 2nd 22. Ace will put it together for you for free, but I'm a man so I said no thanks. Plus is it super easy to assemble.

Just got my 26" a few months ago and love it! Can easily do a 15 lb. packer brisket with no issues. Pairs well with the Slow and Sear. On the 22", I would often have to trim a piece of the end off to make the brisket fit. No more

Back