Fire went out last night need help!!!

MConiglio

I put the meat on around 1200 it was going good at around 250 checked it at 200 before going to bed. Now 7am and no fire my wsm is cool to the touch on the sides and my pork but is at an internal is 110. Do I trash it and start over.

No trash. It should be okay if finished to a safe temperature for future reference. I've concluded over the years that cooking at hotter temps doesn't hurt anything in the end either. If it helps you could set your cooker to the hotter side before going to sleep if you think it would help.

I always set a remote therm with an alarm if the temp gets too low. As I've cooked with my WSM I've gotten way better at making sure it's set right.

I WISH I could sleep for more than an hour when the smoker is puffing. I have the remote alarm set if the temp drops too far, but I still JOLT awake every hour or so and have to check it.

HOPE you were able to save the cook.

rb

Hopefully you didn't trash it. The butt is very forgiving, I never had one "go out" but did wake up to the smoker down to 150F or so. Just relight and continue cooking. What did you wind up doing?

Back