Game changer for Summit grill?

A lot of bang for your buck. Don't know about the quality. Your gonna have Jim Lampe turning over in his grave even before he gets there. lol

Whenever I see these gas/charcoal combo grills, I always wonder if one half works well and one half sucks, or if both halves are sub-optimal, and if the potential buyer would be better off just buying separate grills.

4r5iya2.jpg

I have zero interest in the gas portion of the grill. I'd rather spend the extra bucks and get the Weber Charcoal Summit.

I wouldn't put them in the same ballpark. The summit is comparable to a Kamado but it's probably bigger than that one. There was another on the Sams site that seemed closer. They are both out of my price range too. Once we get close to 2 grand I'm thinking nice offset, but that's just me.

I would love to cull my herd of Weber's (8) down to at least four. I have to have a gasser due to fire restrictions in the Summer, no charcoal allowed. A summit charcoal would probably be all I would need along with the gasser the JJ and the WSM18.5. The tariff on the charcoal Summit is just to much for me to spend on one grill, but it would be my first choice.
Combo grills don't interest me for all the reasons Chris stated.

Whenever I see these gas/charcoal combo grills, I always wonder if one half works well and one half sucks, or if both halves are sub-optimal, and if the potential buyer would be better off just buying separate grills.

So true. My dad had a combo that he picked up from home depot on sale that he was thrilled with until he tried to use it... It was a piece of junk.

Same here. This one 'looks' nice. Though at first glance the Kamado is small, I guess if you're getting all this in one package that's an acceptable sacrifice. Reviews seem good - most of the negatives seem to be about the cover and there are a few that mention their previous 'Members Mark' grills lasted 12-14 years. I like my Performer too much though. ;)

Back