Need Some Cleaning Advice

JRAiona

TVWBB Gold Member
I need some input on cleaning up some grease from the inside of my Performer. Someone had recommended Greased Lightning which I have. What do you guys recommend?

I usually use a plastic puddly knife / scraper. That gets all the heavy stuff off. Then just soap and water. If needed I sometimes use some 000 grit steel wool.

IMO, nothing works better on grease than Dawn. (Sounds like a commercial...). Scrape off whatever solids you can before you start with the Dawn. I would recommend using a softer, pliable, piece of plastic like a plastic coffee can lid.

Well, how many answers do you want ? There are differant methods for differing degrees of grease and cooked on crud. For me it has just become a process of cleaning my grill after each use. Well, unless I'm going to use it the following day. This way I have an easy time of cleaning. I like the awesome orange stuff from the 99 cent store. I gave up on steel wool looong ago. Just use either copper scrubber like chore boy from walgreens or stainless steel scrubbers from restaurant supply places. That and the plastic or nylon scrapers will do just about all of it. For really baked on stuff you really will have to use easy off oven cleaner first. Good luck.

I'm with George in this one. Awesome from the 99 cent store works great both inside and outside of the kettle. BTW coconut oil works great on the plastic performer table after cleaning with the Awesome.

Back