Top of the Line Bull Grill - $600 - Tampa

I was in right until he said the gloves and tools were not included:rolleyes:

Yeah, I guess he still needs them for the Kamado. I think that thing weighs 400 pounds. Pretty sure if I managed to get it on my trailer I'd soon have 4 wheel sized holes in the bottom :) I suppose that might keep it from tipping over on the Interstate though. Ha!

It's pretty cool, I don't have anyplace to put the behemoth! As it is I'm adding patio space to accommodate my gasser and WSM!

I traded e-mails with the guy. I'm gonna rent a better trailer and pick it up. That's just too good of a deal to pass up and saves me a few minutes each week trying to negotiate with Summit owners who think their rusty grills are still worth $1K+ :)

Congrats Chris !!! I was eyeing this myself :) but my last summit score still is un-assembled and to be cleaned :) . Wifey would have been mad with yet another one.
Indeed this seemed to tank built and reviews are awesome. Will wait for picture.

I did not score the gloves, but it did make it home safe and sound :) Considering I saw it within a few hours of posting, I sure picked an awful day to pick it up. The only worse thing than driving through Orlando to get to Tampa on a Friday afternoon is driving from Tampa to get through Orlando on a Friday evening :) It is a gauntlet. Anyways the grill is heavy duty stainless through and through. The wheel bolts and the igniters are a little rusty and that's about it other than burners being quite dirty. I've already got it apart with igniters sitting in Evaporust. I'll probably replace the wheels with something from HF just because I can do it cheaply and they kinda need it. Probably gonna grab a sear burner off Amazon because they are relatively cheap. Other than that, it seems to be good to go.

It was kinda funny. I get home and check CL, there's a 6 burner Summit in Tampa for ~$750 asking that same day. Summits just have a great visual appeal to me, but I know they can have more than their share of problems. We'll see how it goes, but I'm feeling pretty good with this one so far. Pics coming eventually.

Where's the pic's?

Ha! Been awhile huh? Turns out the burners were bowed and needed to be replaced. How much are new cast stainless burners for a $3K grill? Oh, about $90 each from Bull and I needed 4. I was a bit frustrated with it and ignored it for awhile. I finally scored a deal on new burners via Ebay (4 for $94). I've just about got it back together and working 100%. Pics are coming. I promise.:)

So finally here are the pics. It isn't sexy like a Weber Summit, but it's built like cafeteria equipment for the most part. It's been sitting on my back porch pretty much ignored for the last year. Other than a thick layer of pollen/grime, it held up fine. No rust. The control knobs are made of zinc and quite heavy. I'm still tweaking the burners, but it gets hot quickly, which is something my Weber does not do.

Things to look for if you find one for sale...

• Bowed or very corroded burners - If the seller gives you the receipt, and the grill still has the originals, you should be covered by the lifetime warranty. If they don't, you are not and new cast stainless burners can be expensive. Ebay is your friend if you need new burners.
  • Rust on the drawer sliders - Easy fix, but something to look for and ask for a discount.
  • Blowback damage to the valves/igniters - This grill uses a flame thrower ignition system. The igniters have their own gas orifices. It is very easy to create a blow back situation if you don't have everything setup just right.

qs1bv5.png

fjgmzr.png

ubjuo.png

Last edited:

Back