Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Super Mod : Jumbo Joe Premium GBS

Super Mod : Jumbo Joe Premium GBS

Hello everyone,

I wanted to post some photos of my Jumbo Joe Premium GBS grill.

With a little luck.... I think I now have the worlds first GBS Jumbo Joe made with Weber Parts.

This Grilling Monster is 100% Weber and is the brain child of a mad griller.... ME !

Please let me know what everyone thinks about it.

For starters you have to add a Premium air vent handle and replace all the hardware with SS parts.

Then you need a 18" Weber GBS grate.

With a GBS Sear Grate your ready to start cooking on the JJ.

Also used a New Weber Rapid Fire charcoal grate.
    The idea behind this is that you put the lighter cubes in the V and light them
    and then put charcoal on top of it... I use the Weber Chimney.

Again... Please let me know what you think about it.

Matt
    JJ Premium GBS Premium 2015 MasterTouch GBS 26" OTP "Sold" Black OT Platinum "Sold" 18" Red OT "on Permanent Loan"

Why not, the handle makes lots of sense!
    Distinguebant Sed, Ignoret In Particulari!
    "If brains was lard, that boy couldn't grease too big a skillet!" J. D. Clampett

that is NICE!

Very nice Matt!

Where did you get the 18" GBS grate?
    Performer Deluxe(Copper) Genesis Gold B(Redhead) WSM 14.5 Original Kettle Premium 26 18 OTG Kettle Jumbo Joe Smokey Joe Silver Vortex, Kettle Pizza

Hello Pat,

It is an original Weber item.... but here in The Netherlands... Weber would not sell it to me.
    I also tried to order it from Weber UK but for some reason they said they could not ship it
    outside of the UK.

That left me only one choice... Buy a New 2017 grill and take the grates out of it.

http://www.weber.com/NL/nl/barbecues.../13601004.html

I picked up a standard set of grates and dropped them in and sold the grill to
    someone that did not care about the missing GBS grates. Total costs... $15.00
    JJ Premium GBS Premium 2015 MasterTouch GBS 26" OTP "Sold" Black OT Platinum "Sold" 18" Red OT "on Permanent Loan"

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian Rich Dahl's Avatar
    Very nice additions. Like Pat I would like to know where you got the 18.5 GBS grate.
    "Rescuing just one dog won't change the world, but it surely will change the world for that one dog."

Hello Rich,

I had to buy a new 2017 grill to get the parts, Weber here in Europe would not sell me the grates as reserve parts.

Here is the UK link for the grill. https://www.weberbbq.co.uk/product/k...plus-gbs-47cm/

I got it from a garden center store here in The Netherlands.

Sucks that it is a Europe only grill for this year. Maybe next year it will be in USA.

Matt

Wow, look at this badass 18. Hopefully someday they will have the same offerings over here.

Performer Deluxe(Copper) Genesis Gold B(Redhead) WSM 14.5 Original Kettle Premium 26 18 OTG Kettle Jumbo Joe Smokey Joe Silver Vortex, Kettle Pizza

TVWBB Olympian
    Very nice, well done. I still would likd to know why weber treats the usa as the bottom of the pit. Surely leavesca siur taste in my mouth as the saying goes.

I love it.

I'm going to run a Jumbo Joe later this afternoon. I'd really like to have that same GBS grate system for it. That is really cool.
    WSM 22.5 Jumbo Joe Master-Touch 22 Ninja-black Thermapen & a pair of Kamado Joe's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast