The Chinese Takeout Cookbook - Kindle Edition - $1.99

Let me know if you find a favorite! I've made the basics like beef with broccoli, sesame chicken, cashew chicken, egg foo young (& several more) many times. I hope you like it.

I've bought several other Chinese/Stir fry cookbooks but this is the only one I've followed.

I've been to Korea 6-7 times. I kept looking for the "1001 Ways to Wok Your Dog" cook book in Itewan (Seoul), but came up empty.

Clint,

The Sesame Chicken turned out great. We liked it better than the version we usually get from our local carryout place.

Thank you for posting this.

Jim

Clint,

The Sesame Chicken turned out great. We liked it better than the version we usually get from our local carryout place.

Thank you for posting this.

Jim

Happy to hear it!

I learned a few techniques like velveting. I was surprised how easy the recipes are, and how little marinade & sauce (separate & different many times) is used. I've been thinking of trying the cashew chicken again (made it more than a few times).... maybe this weekend & next week (I'm eating boiled ravioli with Wild Turkey 101 w/ a little coke zero right now :) )

Sometimes I'll make 2 different recipes at the same time, one in a wok, and one in a 12" CI skillet.

Clint,

I've got my eye on the Mongolian Beef. Making 2 recipes makes sense, the calorie count for the chicken was very low.

Jim

I made the cashew chicken for lunch, was planning to make moo goo gai pan for dinner but that'll be tomorrow night... both double recipes. I was all loaded up with boneless/skinless thighs but then I saw bscb @ $2.50/lb vs the 4.50 for thighs.

(showing off my ~2 month new dgt chess board.... :) )
18156989_10209158261255546_3321875344736638120_n.jpg

18193852_10209158261695557_443597234048686048_n.jpg

Thx :) It was as good as I remembered ((it's been a while )) :)

just had another serving for dinner.

edit:>>>>>oh no - the price went up again. Still worth it IMO but now you really have to want it.

Last edited:

Back