how to add a custom logo to a kettle? Anyone done it?

Reggie G

TVWBB Fan
So I help gather raffle prizes and auction goods for a few local fundraisers. And I was wondering what or how would be the best way to add a custom logo to a kettle much like the ones of days gone by most recently I remember seeing a Miller Lite one but there have been so many.

Would a Simple stencil cut from Vinyl using a plotter then sprayed with some high temp paint be sufficient?

Is there and high temp clear coat on the market that would stand up to the temps if one felt they really needed to go to that measure?

Or maybe some other sort of bake on material one could cut

The custom logos that you're referring to are baked into the porcelain finish, anything you apply to the surface is not going to last. Some vinyls are good to about 200*F, but they will let loose at some point. High-temp paint is a possibility, but you'd need a really clean, tight stencil for a clean edge and then the paint still might let loose or degrade in color over time.

My suggestion would be to create a logo plate, like they do on barrel smokers. It's an air-insulated surface above the hot metal surface of the smoker that gives you a spot to paint a logo, apply a sticker or magnet, etc. You could "attach" it to the kettle lid using strong magnets.

You can see an example of a logo plate in this photo from Harry Soo:

ZUYuCth.jpg

Back