Weber earns two spots in Popular Mechanics 12 Best Grills of 2017

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
Popular Mechanics rates 12 Best Grills of 2017. Weber Performer is Editor's Choice; Spirit E-310 also makes the list.
http://www.popularmechanics.com/home/food-drink/a20645/best-grill-review/

nfNrA0e.jpg

No surprises on the Performer being the Editor's Choice. The Performer is the most used grill in my lineup.

I think the performer is so good I have two of them. Wish they had tried the genesis II models.

Good reviews and I like the pic with the guy on the bottom, brew in hand and some killer lookin steaks.

Tim

Good reviews and I like the pic with the guy on the bottom, brew in hand and some killer lookin steaks.

Tim

Call me a beer snob, but after 9 years of living (and drinking) in Europe I won't drink beer out of a bottle or from a plastic cup. And I brew my own. :)

Gas assist Weber performers are one of the best BBQ's out there hands down.
I went to a new Barbecues Galore store in town and I really like the design of the New Genesis II , very sleek.

Last edited:
Very nice. I own two performers and that version of the PK grill that they tested. I also own the PK360 which is a very nice grill as well.

Wayne

I truly believe that the Weber Performer with gas assist is one of the best performing grills EVER. It is also a great value. It is good for twenty years outside and that is outstanding for it's price.

Yeah, I have two!:rolleyes:

I also rate my WSM's right alongside the Performer, too!

One thing not often mentioned in "road tests" of grills - the Weber's are inexpensive to run when you buy Kingsford Original charcoal when on sale. That's a heck of a combination of features!

Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

Can't beat the 22" Weber Mastertouch Grill with a Weber table attached for around one-half(1/2) the price of that great Weber Performer.

Last edited:
My "Outperformer"(pre gas assist, custom double kettle) is still my most used and, favorite, piece of outdoor cooking apparatus! The WSM is earning a very warm spot in the cockles of my heart fairly quickly I will admit.
Today it's gray and cool, not a ton of wind and the WSM is huffing along very contentedly. We shall see how the feast turns out.

I had a performer. I liked my standard vintage kettle better to be honest.
I like being able to walk around the kettle easy without a table in the way.
I have an outdoor cart on wheels for laying pans and barbecue tools on or whatever that I use. After a couple of months I noticed the resin plastic top on my performer was cracked.
Weber sent me a new one.
I sold it soon after.

Last edited:

Back