The Virtual Weber Bullet The Virtual Weber Bullet
TVWB Homepage TVWB Product Info TVWB Cooking Topics TVWB Operating Tips & Mods TVWB Videos TVWB Resources TVWB Shopping
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CB Wheel and cylinder lock kit.

CB Wheel and cylinder lock kit.

Just saw this cool product from CB. Has anyone tried it? if so how is it?
    Looks like it would also solve the occasional issue of the middle slipping off the bottom when using the lid hinge.

https://www.cajunbandit.com/Wheel-Ki...SM-p/22wcl.htm

Looks great. I just put latches on mine last week that do the same thing and wish I had seen this first.
    Weber 23" SMC , Weber Q 220, Weber S330 , Weber Go-Anywhere, Weber Kettle , Weber Genesis Silver

I received my kit tonight and will likely install this weekend. The build quality is outstanding. I'll post more when I know more.
    Last edited by Ryan Bubba Vermeys; 04-10-2017 at 10:56 PM.
    WSM 22 , WSM 14 , Q3200

I installed mine Friday and used my wsm yesterday. I'm sold on this kit.

I love the idea of the leg wheel support flanges, Brilliant!

Tim
    Different smokes for different folks. Wish the Dollar Store sold gas!

Quote Originally Posted by Lee O View Post
    I installed mine Friday and used my wsm yesterday. I'm sold on this kit.
    Can you explain how the cylinder locks attach to each leg? Webpage says a single hole must be drilled, does the leg have to be removed first? Also, how does it tighten/loosen? There appears to be an oblong slot in the flange, does that create the "play" that allows the flange to move up enough to release of the cylinder without completely removing the flange from the leg?

What's cool about this latch solution, if I understand it correctly, is there's no hardware to install on the cylinder, just on each leg. No need to line-up latches on the bowl with catches on the cylinder.

Upper bolts are replaced with longer bolts that are supplied with kit. Only one hole per leg is drilled for caster assembly with supplied bit. Takes just a few minutes to install and it is worth it.

This is my review I posted on Facebook Monday night:

I just finished the installation of the Cajun Bandit wheel kit for the 22.5". I have to say it couldn't have been easier.

Pros:
    -This is one of the easiest ways to get your smoker on wheels and secure the middle section.
    -Minimal tools needed to install. You need a drill, 2 wrenches, and 2 screwdrivers, depending on your current hardware.
    -No drilling on the smoker itself, only on the legs.
    -Spot on instructions.
    -The drill bit is included with the hardware.
    -The holes on the casters lined up perfectly. Zero issues attaching them to the brackets.
    -The wheels roll well over concrete.
    -If you have the Unknown BBQ hinge, this does not affect the top heaviness and feels as stable as without casters.

Cons:
    -The brackets are likely plasma cut and the edges feel sharp. I think they could give the edges a little TLC.
    -The parts are somewhat oily from the factory. Your hands will get dirty.
    -The tightening knobs are a shade small and I wish they did not have lock nuts in them to make tightening a bit easier. One or the other I guess, bigger knobs or no lock nut.
    -The parts that hold the middle section do not actually touch the wide part of the smoker. They hold the section by inward pressure, not downward pressure. The hole is oblong, but is not long enough (in my opinion) See picture.
    -The locking casters are hard to lock. I hope these loosen with use.

Notes:
    -These add nearly 3 inches in height to your smoker. See picture.
    -The brackets feel and look like they're not bent exactly straight, and after you get the first bolt in, you see that they are not, but it did not affect installation. Just eye ball it and get your hole started.
    -It could have been helpful to include an extra of each bolt and a couple nuts for guys like me with fumble fingers. Thankfully I did not need any extra.

Overall, I'm happy with my purchase and I would recommend these if you're looking for a quick way to add wheels and secure the middle section on your WSM.

WSM 22 , WSM 14 , Q3200

I presume that it would fit an 18.5 as well, no?
    Distinguebant Sed, Ignoret In Particulari!
    "If brains was lard, that boy couldn't grease too big a skillet!" J. D. Clampett

I would contact Cajun Bandit and ask them.
    WSM 22 , WSM 14 , Q3200

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast