Greetings from Belgium

Floris Vande Walle

TVWBB Member
Hello!

May I introduce myself? My name is Floris Vande Walle. I'm 21 yrs old and I live in Deerlijk, a small town in West-Flanders, Belgium.

I'm a technical engineer at Delvano, spending my day calculating and designing crop protection applicators (self-propelled, trailed,...) for the agricultural industries.
This job is asking a lot from me, and so, in my free time I like to do some BBQ'ing.

I'm new to BBQ'ing, but I'm in love with it and eager to learn new ways and recipes.

I own a Weber One Touch 47 cm Premium and a Weber Smokey Joe Premium.

This community seemed a nice way to improve my BBQ & grilling skills. People appear to be friendly and willing to share their knowledge. That's why I want to become an active member!

Many thanks in advance for all your information people! If I can help with anything that's in my set of skills, programming, design,... feel free to ask!

Lots of love,
Floris

Welcome to the forum Floris!
Hope you like to eat, because you can create outstanding meals using your Weber One Touch AND your smokey Joe!
Nearly everything you can make using a WEBER SMOKEY MOUNTAIN (WSM) cooker, you can do on your current equipment.

Check out the cooking topics.... the photo gallery.... and the charcoal grill sections of the forum.
Those will get your blood pumpin'! Yet, there's so much more to this site, you'll stay awake nights getting all wrapped up in it all.

Once again, Welkom op het forum!

Floris,

Welcome to TVWBB.

I was fortunate to travel to Mons earlier this year and enjoyed my short visit. Perhaps you can educate us about your nation's great beers as you learn from those here about barbecue.

Jim

Welcome on board Floris! I'm from Denmark but is a frequest guest in your lovely country! Most time is spent in Antwerp enjoing all the lovely beers but trying to get around a bit too :)

Welcome on board Floris! I'm from Denmark but is a frequest guest in your lovely country! Most time is spent in Antwerp enjoing all the lovely beers but trying to get around a bit too :)

Nice to hear! Belgium is a fairly nice place if you manage to escape Brussels :D
I'm from West-Flanders, the redneck part of Belgium, as other Flemish tell :D

Welcome Floris, looking forward to seeing some cooks. Be sure to take lots of pics and just enjoy. We have lots of great people on the forum that will be more the happy to help with any questions. Again welcome.

Back