Expanding the Weber Family

Tom Jordan

TVWBB Fan
I've had a Summit Gasser, WSM and Performer for the past few years,,, LOVE THEM ALL and LOVE the Weber Life!
Last month my son told me that he wanted to start charcoal grilling at his house and picked up a Smokey Joe to start small,,,, but he also bought some "Match-Light" briquettes (HEY! He's new to all of this ;))
We had his small family over for dinner last week and I grilled some steaks and burgers.
He called me from Home Depot yesterday and asked what kind of charcoal I used because the food last week didn't taste like lighter fluid and he wanted to do the same. I told him to pick up a bag of KBB then stop by the house and I'll "lend" him a chimney starter and some Weber starter cubes.
After I explained how to set up the starter and also how to set up a two-zone fire,,,, I got to thinking that a smokey joe might be too small to do a regular amount of grilling, soooooo I ordered him a Original Kettle Premium 22 in. Charcoal Grill in Black from HD and will drop it by his house with a "Spring Black Friday" pair of KBB, a bag of Lump (for comparison's sake), a chimney starter and a meat thermometer as a starter gift set on the road to Weber Grilling insanity!

Now that is a really good father, you got him going down the right road. I see a lot of good phone conversations, and family get togethers in your future.

Great thing you did for your son Tom. Getting a great Weber will eliminate a lot of frustration on his learning curve to good grilling. Hope you told him about the forum and to jump on here.
As you know lots of great information here and friendly folks that are willing to help out if he needs it.

Ha! Good job. Good BBQ dads think alike. My son is away at university and at the start of the year said he missed my steaks. So I gave him one of my habachis. After he told me he made pulled pork for the Super Bowl in the stove he wished our Webers with him. So dad goes out and surprises him with a 22" kettle and 2 bags of charcoal. Now he can grill and smoke!

A starter gift, the perfect gift!
You're proud of him, anyone can feel it.

From another point of view, I think that you can't buy more Weber's for you :D so to relieve pressure buying for him.
I'm kidding. It's like GAS, Guitar Acquisition Syndrome: You buy a new guitar and just in that moment you are thinking in another new.

Back