PICT4590_zpsw558poxi.jpg

Going 3D.

PICT4640_zpslzjwllof.jpg

Bracket time.

PICT4655_zps85cc65ke.jpg

It's going to work!

PICT4665_zps8aqf9nsa.jpg

PICT4670_zpsxlplr4oh.jpg

Hope to finish in the next week or so. Will update.
Def want gas assist - that might take a while. Looking for a beater CL Performer to cannibalize, however might have to buy new parts for that.

Last edited:
Robert great idea I can see a market for this size. Your layout is very solid, very well crafted, you do have talent.
Can not wait to see this in action, keep us all posted your it's progress.

Robert, with your skill, I am thinking that this one won't really be finished without remote control and steering, and drive motor
to drive it into the "perfect" spot in the lawn for each cook! Just because you can. ;-)

That thing looks bulletproof.

I love the lift handle with the heat shield, nice touch.

Thanks, everyone!

A few notes on the hinge. I like it. One can still remove the lid. So that's a big plus. Not sure if it was designed for the 26" kettle, but it works.

PICT4682_zpssx9bgt8v.jpg

You can see where the plate on the hinge is flexing the lid. The lid is pretty heavy & will have to add a backing plate inside of it & a couple more nuts/screws to strengthen that area.

PICT4683_zpstqzdsqpo.jpg

Had to file a place on the slot to make raising the lid smooth. For some reason it was binding. You can see the notch on the upper part of the hinge. It falls into the lower bolt as the lid is raised, which holds it open. To close it, you have to pull the lid up a small amount.

PICT4686_zpsm5adf4q5.jpg

Last edited:
Dang; AWESOME. With that skill you could even have made your own hinge, along with the bowl and lid, lol.

Robert R

That Performer 26er is a rolling beauty, the gas assist will make it the best Performer I has ever seen. I can't wait to see the finished product.

Back