Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: My 26" Performer

TVWBB Pro
    It sounds like you picked the right burner, excellent job across the board.

TVWBB Fan
    how much to build me one!! one possible suggestion, is to maybe add a propane splicer and funnel the big propane tank into the touch-n-go to get rid of the small disposable tanks. Might be a pain to open the valve on the big propane tank each time since it's in the back though.
    -------EP-330, DD Performer, Jumbo-Joe, 14" WSM, GWGA-------

Wow! That is really impressive! I would replace my 22.5" performer with one of those for sure. I really like the heavy duty side burner.
    Weber Performer (2002), 18.5" Weber Smokey Mountain (2012), Weber Go Anywhere (2016)

That's pretty fantastic.

I made a few prototypes of these at Weber, they thought they were just HUGE!

I took a pair of performer tables, sliced them to make it wide enough for the 26. Extended the regular length cross braces to be wide enough, same with the cart grate... I wonder what they ever did with that beast?
    *Cooking Things: Gas GA, Q100, 14" WSM prototype, 18" WSM prototype, 22" red gumball, 22 blue gumball, smoky joe, SS Genesis... I think I forgot one or two...

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Durso View Post
    That's pretty fantastic.

I made a few prototypes of these at Weber, they thought they were just HUGE!

I took a pair of performer tables, sliced them to make it wide enough for the 26. Extended the regular length cross braces to be wide enough, same with the cart grate... I wonder what they ever did with that beast?
    Thank you! That's quite a compliment. Yeah... it's huge & I love it.

Just added a Cajun Bandit rotisserie ring. It's even bigger now.

18.5 & 14.5 WSMs, 26.5 XL, 22.5 Performer, JJ, SJ, Roti Rings, Stackers, Genesis 330, OKJ Highland & Al Pastor Cooker

Quote Originally Posted by Robert-R View Post
    Thank you! That's quite a compliment. Yeah... it's huge & I love it.

Just added a Cajun Bandit rotisserie ring. It's even bigger now.

You are most welcome.

Cajun makes some quality stuff. There's nothing better than sitting down to pursue your past-time be it cooking, music, woodworking, you name it.. and having the RIGHT tool and quality.

You'll enjoy using that custom performer for years..
    *Cooking Things: Gas GA, Q100, 14" WSM prototype, 18" WSM prototype, 22" red gumball, 22 blue gumball, smoky joe, SS Genesis... I think I forgot one or two...

Neat chimney rest, too, Robert.

You and your 26" grill need to go on tour around the country.
    Last edited by Rusty James; 09-16-2017 at 09:25 PM.
    18.5", 18.5", 14.5", & Royal Oak Lump / Briquettes

I just picked up a new to me 26" . . . all I need is some of your skill . . . in the mean time I'll just admire your craftsmanship
    26.75",22.5" Premium, 22.5" Performer,18.5" Gold-ish,18.5" Silver,2x SJS,2x SJG=Mini WSM(s),18.5 WSM,14.5 WSM,2xJJ;Thermopro:MK4;Smoke...To be continued

I really love seeing the care you took on this build! That is just so cool!
    I just spent three hours scrubbing the seasons charcoal dust off the cypress table on my "double barreled" performer. Three coats of tung oil and it looks pretty nice again. I've seen cypress "grey out" in the sun but, this was just schmutz! I was kind of grossed out really, I need to swab the decks more often!
    Distinguebant Sed, Ignoret In Particulari!
    "If brains was lard, that boy couldn't grease too big a skillet!" J. D. Clampett

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789