First time spinning a bird

Michael C.

TVWBB Gold Member
With Spring here, it's time to get back to smoking and grilling! First time spinning a bird on my Onlyfire brand Rotisserie. I rub the bird with canola oil, then heavy with Island Spice herb rub. I used two chucks of Maple wood for smoke and let her turn. It smelled great while cooking. Once off the Weber, the chicken was sooooo moist and juicy, full of flavor! It was one of the best chickens I have made! I am happy with the results. Here are the pics :).

Have a great weekend!!!!

Micheal, that looks wonderful. What great color and juiciness you got from the rotisserie method! I hear you on how it smells so good while cooking. And believe me the neighbors take notice. That's part of the fun. Great looking bird.

Spun birds are great, only roti I have is for my genesis 2000. I need to get one for the performer.

Man that roto bird looks fantastic. Yes we do need to get a roti for the performer for sure.

Hard to beat dizzy bird Michael. Yours looks awesome. I love spinning things up on my rotisserie...

Regards,

John

That bird makes it look like you've been spinning them for years. Nicely done.

Michael... It must have been a wild winter in Crestline, CA. this year.

Mi9xtqQh.jpg

Great looking bird on the spinner.

Michael... It must have been a wild winter in Crestline, CA. this year.

Mi9xtqQh.jpg

Great looking bird on the spinner.

LOL, Love that, Spring around the corner, yes lots of snow and rain, lakes are full, Here is one our snow storms back in January

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks everybody, I'm glad the chicken turned our great!!! Looking for other ideas on what to spin next?

Great job. How do you like the Onlyfire, is it holding up? It looks to be about half the cost of the Weber brand rotisserie. Looking for some feedback. Thanks

Great job. How do you like the Onlyfire, is it holding up? It looks to be about half the cost of the Weber brand rotisserie. Looking for some feedback. Thanks

So far, I'm liking the Onlyfire, It's not a perfect seal on the Weber, there are some gaps, hard to control the heat, it runs hot. I ordered some Hi Temp Gasket to help seal it, then it should be easier to control the Temps. Overall, I'm happy with it so far :).;

Back