Performer Question

Ron B

TVWBB Member
Hi everyone,

I picked up a stainless steel performer today off Craigslist. It didn't come with a gas tank, and I have couple questions. If I invest in a new 5 gallon tank, will it have the quick connect fitting? Will my local garden center be able to fill it? Or will I need some kind of adapter?

If I decide to fit it for a 20 lb tank, what regulator would I need to buy.

It's in pretty good shape otherwise, I'm looking forward to restoring it. Pictures to follow.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Take a look at the "I think I scored a good deal" thread. I think if space allows, that's the route I would take. One twenty pound tank...years of service? Makes sense to my lazy grilling behind!

Hello again,

I haven't started the restore yet, but I'm still trying to figure out if there is a fitting that I can use to attach a new hose and regulator to my performer. Weber can sell me a new hose and regulator that will work for 100 bucks. That's twice what I paid for the grill. Trying to find a cheaper alternative. I searched the forum without any success. Any ideas?

Ron, the propane setup on that model of Perfomer went through a number of changes during it's lifespan. Could you pull up the plate and take a couple of pics of the setup ? I.e. the knob, the connections, and the regulator ?

for the original poster. not sure if he ever got closure on this, but really all you need is a tank and a new acme nut. This is if you know the regulator is good. I re-used the shutoff valve and propane oraface from the original grill.

Just acme nut (unscrew quick connect from regulator and replace with this)

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00URO0UTA/tvwb-20

regulator with acme nut. (or replace both regulator and acme nut)

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00URO0ZMM/tvwb-20

A_9rZtss_h6Kenvd3bQ4EJPlth8Lnbf8-qWo0Jhw1RP0iIUHA8lbpKKXKBPAbUvo-YxEm5_tOVo90i0aruPw0D2Qzj4BYcbP4HDV7Cjw79dw5vpMove6XLuDm6EAVVO3X-W5Gkjy-I0=w1700-h956-no

Back