Think I just scored a good deal

David Jacob

TVWBB Member
I've been looking for a used Performer for a while now to replace our old Brinkmann gasser and one popped up on CL today. It's a 15501001 model with Touch-N-Go gas ignition, but they had it listed as a 15401001 model. I'm suppose to pick it up tomorrow after work. It looks like its in great shape and very clean. I'm getting it for $125.

In todays market you did good if it's super clean. I have two of them. The first one I bought at an estate sale four years ago for $40 three years old and pretty dirty. The second one I bought was from another estate sale, the guy said it was hardly used and it was actually brand new and never used, that one cost me a $100. Today on CL here most are in the $100-150 range for real nice ones.
If you still have the tank from the brinkmann get your self a weber adapter hose the allows you to hook up a 20# tank to the performer instead of the little screw on bottle. The touch and go goes through those small bottles pretty quick and they aren't cheap anymore. I've got both of mine on the big bottles for the last three years and their still at least half full. Much cheaper way to go.
Enjoy your new grill.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Weber-6-..._8903vry57826_pcrid_73873450790550_pkw__pmt__

Thanks Rich. It looks good in the pics, so I'm hoping it's ok. They said it needs a good cleaning, but that's it. I'm paying asking price because I didn't want to lose it.

Good advice from Rich. So glad I converted to the larger tank.

Then order the base and cover from Amazon for a clean look.

When the stars align and, I find one for the price I'm willing to pay, I will do the big tank adaptation! It makes so much sense. Rich's suggestions are based on his experience which is really broad! He helped me out with my gasser project.
Thanks Rich!

I agree with Dennis on the cover. I got Classic's covers for my WSM, Performer, my new Spirit, and my prep table.

Back