mod for performer required

Sandy Mac

due to the inclement weather conditions here in scotland ,i keep my grill in a large plastic storage box ,but there is not much room to maneuver it into said box, i need to replace the fixed large wheels at the front with swivel wheels or castors, has any one done similar before or any advice or thoughts on this regards sandy

Looking at my two performers the legs appear to be about the same length at both ends (just eyeballed it). If so you can probably order a set of casters like the font ones from Weber which come with the mounting plugs the go inside the leg. Take off the rear wheels put the casters on and you should be good.

I'm with Rich, try the Weber swivel casters, buy a pair, try to fit one and if it doesn't make it, take them back and try the expanding ones that Andrew linked.

I'm with Rich, try the Weber swivel casters, buy a pair, try to fit one and if it doesn't make it, take them back and try the expanding ones that Andrew linked.

im off to the trailer this weekend i will measure the legs ect get a couple of snaps of the problem and report back , thanks lads for the advice regards sandy

Looking at my two performers the legs appear to be about the same length at both ends (just eyeballed it). If so you can probably order a set of casters like the font ones from Weber which come with the mounting plugs the go inside the leg. Take off the rear wheels put the casters on and you should be good.

I like that idea.

This has me thinking that I might just upgrade all four of my legs to larger casters. It would roll around a lot easier.....

Back