Genesis II 3-410 buy now or hold off?

Chris C

TVWBB Fan
Just a question, after 20 years I want to upgrade to a new grill, I am leaning towards the new E-410 however I was wondering if they go on sale at Home depot or Lowes or Ace around Memorial day? This is a big purchase so if I have to wait a few to get a better deal I have no issues with that. Anyone bought a grill in the past few years know if they come on sale? Thanks

They don't really go on sale as Weber tends to lock the price down. They had $100 off last fell, but that was probably due to the fact the Genesis II was coming out.

Just a question, after 20 years I want to upgrade to a new grill, I am leaning towards the new E-410 however I was wondering if they go on sale at Home depot or Lowes or Ace around Memorial day? This is a big purchase so if I have to wait a few to get a better deal I have no issues with that. Anyone bought a grill in the past few years know if they come on sale? Thanks

I'm not an expert in all things weber, but I have been watching pricing on grills for the past year or so.
Ace ran a $100 off on memorial day weekend (I think) or some random weekend in April/may last year, not matched by HD. This then disappeared until the fall when all across the board there was $100 off.

I was going to wait until then. However, I visited a Weber Alliance dealer on a closeout summit from last year (still haven't decided on whether to get that), and asked about the Genesis II. He would give me $90 off of the SE-410, delivered and set up. so it was $860 plus tax for a NG SE-410. I think that is a good deal and I'll pull the trigger on that if I don't get the leftover summit.

Now if I could only get him to switch the lids on the grills so I could get the NG 410 in red, I'd be all set. It currently only comes in black.

I suggest you should call a few independent Weber dealers in your area and see if they'll deal. In Ace you'd have to talk to a manager, and they may have policy to not discount. Regular dealers make their own rules, its the advertised price that has to be adhered to. Another dealer would throw in the Weber cover for free with Weber standard pricing. Another dealer would charge you standard Weber pricing, plus charge you for delvery, so they're all different.

Last edited:
Frankly I would get the leftover Summit especially if it has the rotisserie burner and setup with it. You will find that indispensable.

That is what I was thinking, those are the only 3 stores in my area as no independent dealers. both stores said they would price match an ad price 45 days out. so I will wait a couple of weeks. I am hoping this new grill will last as long as my 1997 genesis spirit has lasted, they want an arm and a leg for these grills. On a side note Home Depot keeps telling people they are American made, I had to politely explain to them they are not. Weber even went so far as to post it in an answer to a question on Home Depot's reviews. Its a shame they are no longer made in America.

The Ace Hardware I got my SE-410 from didn't have a sale on the Genesis II, but they did offer with the purchase of the Genesis or Genesis II for you to purchase a Weber Q1200 in any color in stock (I got orange) for $50. Might want to ask around to see if your store has the same deal. You can always craigslist it for $100-150 to make a couple dollars back.

Back