Weber Grill Restaurant Indianapolis, IN

John Sp

TVWBB All-Star
Hello All,

Sorry I haven't' posted in a while - I have been a road warrior for the past few weeks. This week finds me in Indianapolis where I am attending training. What kind of training? Quaaaality training sir! (Please excuse me). In any case I am back on the low carb diet big time and trapped in a fancy hotel that apparently has the carbohydrate concession for Indiana locked up. I have been subsisting on lettuce and ice tea for three days so after class today I decided to hunt for some protein. My handy google assistant, Jeeves, offered up a list of places within walking distance and the Weber Grill was number three. Off I went. Here are a few pics:

The Menu

French Onion Soup

Brisket with BBRs, Sweet Potato Puree, and Steamed Broccoli

The Kettle Grill Area (36"ers) - They Also Have a Wood Fired Grill and Smokers (not sure what kind)

I want This for My Grave Marker

The food was really good. Brisket was very tender and juicy (although I found the smoke ring a bit lacking by Louisiana standards anyway). The ribs were a little on the small side (even for BBs) but the flavor was awesome and the bite test was perfect. Sides were good. I wound up eating half and saving half for breakfast (no staring hungrily at the sugary cereals for me in the AM tomorrow). All in all it was not the best I've ever had but it was well above average. I will definitely eat here again if I come back to Indy (or maybe before I leave this time).

Thanks for looking,

Regards,

John

John I have been to this same Webe Grill and it was real good.
We were attending the Moto GP race a couple years ago and went there for dinner one evening. I had the half chicken and it was very well done. Got to visit the kitchen and it was impressive all the kettles and chimneys loaded and being fired up.
Need to go again.

John, that statue has way too much hair to be Jim Lampe. What's up with that? I admire your discipline to eat healthy. I have Kim to continually steer me down the right road.

Thanks for sharing your experience John. Many years ago I went to the one in Chicago would love to go again now that I have some experience with smoking and grilling.

Thanks for sharing pic's of your "vacation" John. Somehow that French Onion Soup doesn't seem to fit in with your low carb diet. Yeah, I remember those days on the road, motels etc. Fortunately now, when I look in the rear view mirror, I see it all behind me. Seriously, a very interesting post.

John, that was a great post would love to go to a Weber Grill Restaurant some day. That French Onion Soup looked delicious, I would go for that in a heart beat.

Thanks for the write up. I will definitely dine at a Weber Grill if I am ever in the area.

When you come to Indy next time, send me a PM and I'll hook you up with a list of better bbq places. Weber is ok, but there are some better places not far from downtown.

Back