Making Trip to Franklin BBQ Next Week

Hello all,

I live in the Charlotte, NC area and I am vacationing to Austin and San Antonio next week. One of my must-do items is going to Franklin BBQ.

Likely looking to go on Tuesday or Wednesday. How early do you recommend getting there to get a good spot in line?

I know the restaurant opens at 11:00 so I was thinking maybe like 8:00. Or is that not early enough?

Normally I'd never wait that long for food but this is a bucket list item for me.

Thanks all,

Bryan B

The line begins to form between 7-8am. Expect to wait 2 to 4 hours depending on what time you arrive. Closed on Mondays so Tuesday or Wednesday is a good bet. Bring a lawn chair and an ice chest with cold drinks. And post pics here or IT DIDN'T HAPPEN! :D

Last edited:
Bryan, you will likely have nice weather here next week. Forecasts more than two or three hours out are pretty unreliable in Austin, but the trend is for warm and dry with low humidity. While you're here, you might wanna give Valentina's a try. It's a food truck in a permanent location on Manchaca Rd. (pronounced "Man-shack") in Way South Austin. It's about 20 minutes from Franklin's. Great dive bar -- Giddy Ups -- just up the road.

Jeff

One day maybe... I hate long lines; I may have to pay one of those people who stand in line for you..:D

Back