Genesis Jr. find

Scott Zee

TVWBB Fan
I'm pretty much a charcoal guy thru and thru but have always loved the design of the Genesis Junior to bad Weber doesn't make much in replacement parts anymore especially the burner tube setup. So needless to say finding one today in decent shape is really hard. I saw an ad on Chicago CL on Friday stating a Jr. for sale but just one really bad pic of an open gasser. I Exchanged texts as well as getting a few more pictures from the seller on Friday evening. It was in fact a black Jr. 1100??? Really nice shape inside and out, NO rust anywhere and the burner tube are nearly perfect and the flavorizer bars are in above average shape too. Came with a cover, 2 extra SS grates as well as the porcelain CI grate. All original wood slats are there and in GREAT condition for being 25+ yrs old. It does need a thermometer (thanks MG) and not much else. It fired right up this morning after I got it out of the Sportage.

:cool:

Last edited:
Boy does that look nice! Great score, those little two burners are great little cookers. I was a die hard charcoal guy too but I've found that having a gasser (actually three now) they do come in handy for quick cooks like burgers, dogs etc. I hate firing up a charcoal grill for a five minute cook. I'm sure you will enjoy it.

That is a beautiful grill. There's something really charming about the look of those grills. I'm am charcoal guy as well but I must admit I'm really enjoying grilling on the genesis I restored. That wood is in fantastic shape!

I guess I missed that one. I prowl the CL ads all the time for the whole area even up to Madison and Milwaukee. This one looks really nice. I was never a real fan of the Jr. though. I always found it far too little for far too much $$$ when they were new and now that they're orphaned I have kinda glossed over them (much like the ill fated gas kettle Weber made). You don't say what you had to give for it (hopefully not too much). Though it looks like it did not have much use. Keep it clean and those burners brushed you might just see another 25 years

Rich, this makes gasser #2. I also have a John Deere Q2200 that is really nice to take on the go.

Scott, be careful once you get the Weber addiction you will always be on the prowl for another one to rehab. That's why I have eight of them. Also there is no known cure for the addiction:p

Back